Writer's Block Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

2 posters

Page 15 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest - Page 15 Empty Re: PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:36 am

Clover's first thought was 'I brought him home to me.' But, having seen how much Misty cared too, she couldn't bring herself to say such horrible things. She just smiled. Soon Clover too fell asleep.
Silver looked at the two, he picked up the leaf of water and pour it on top of Clover and Krix. "If they are going to take the journey, they might as well take it together."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest - Page 15 Empty Re: PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:03 am

Krix blinked open his eyes sleepily, trying to recall what had happened. He remembered going into the cave to be alone for a while after Tortaro had left and then... nothing. He shifted his feet then winced at a small, unexpected pain. Looking down he saw still healing paws, the scars from when his mother had died criss-crossing the pads. He started to get up before he felt a weight pulling his body down. Looking behind him he saw Clover's head resting on his back, her body curled around his. Suddenly all of his memories flooded back; going back to the fog world and wandering for hours before hearing Clover's voice and finding his way back to her. She had brought him out of it, something only his mother had been able to do before. He let out a deep sigh, Clover's head lowering with the breath. Krix's eyes softened before he turned just enough to gently touch his nose to hers and nuzzle her cheek.

Admin
Admin

https://lfhswritersblock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:07 am

Clover woke up, "Krix, I had the most wonderful dream. We were together." Clover held Krix's gaze. She felt a peace of mind she had not felt in a long time. If this moment could last forever, she wanted it to.

Last edited by Dark Wolf on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:21 am

Krix tilted his head at her, causing the light to bounce off the golden flecks in his eyes. "We are together silly," he said, his voice sounding truly happy for the first time in a while. He rolled slightly to press his cheek to hers and letting out a breath., closing his eyes for a second. Everywhere her fur shifted against his chills spread across his skin. Every muscle and nerve in his body was attuned to her, following every movement she made, craving every touch, every sound and word, every scent that came from her.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:35 am

Clover looked over at the rest of the group. "Thank you, all of you, for helping to bring Krix back." Tears welled up in her eyes.
"It was our pleasure." Gila said with a bow of her head.
Suddenly an unexpected occurrence took place. Two wolves came in from the outside having followed Ember and the healers back to the cave. Runner and Hunter stepped forward and bowed before Krix and Clover. "We offer our sincerest apologies for the behavior of our packs and of our own actions. We wish to fulfil our duty and serve under you as our alpha."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:50 am

Krix stiffened, his hackles raising slightly, his eyes hardening slightly as his expression blanked, walls up. Krix didn't make hasty judgements on wolves but once he made them it was hard for him to change it. For a full minute he didn't say anything, his eyes scrutinizing the wolves. He may not have the ability Silver had to see one's soul but his gaze made it seem like he could see into their soul. Nuzzling Clover gently he stood up, shifting her off his back. He walked up to the previous alphas, locking his gaze on theirs. "I have one question for you two," he said, his voice serious. "Why should I trust you? I think we both know that apologies mean very little to the majority of the forest."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:00 am

"After what we have witnessed." Began Hunter of the Prairie, "We let our arrogance get the best of us and forgot what it means to be an alpha. We lost our place as alphas because of it."
Silver sat back. He knew he broke them, but he didn't expect them to do something like this. Their apologies were sincere.
Clover looked them over, "I believe them." She stated without her stutter. She licked Krix's muzzle.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:07 am

Krix silently held Hunter's gaze for another minute, his eyes steady. He was silent for so long Misty thought he was just waiting for them to leave. Finally he spoke, "very well," he said, dropping Hunter's gaze and shifting his eyes to Runner. "You may join the pack. However, understand this. The Darastrix Pack is a home for abandoned and forgotten wolves. There will be many different wolves in my pack and many more to come. Their stories are their own that they will share when they are ready, do not push for them, and no matter what you see, if you join this pack you are joining a family. They will become your family. Under no circumstances are you to betray them or make them feel like they are less than any other. Do you understand me?"

Misty flicked her gaze at Silver once before watching Krix again. His pack was his family. And to let two outsiders that had already hurt them, whether they knew about it or not, was a huge concession for him. If they screwed up this chance they would not get another one.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:17 am

Both wolves bowed humbly to Krix. Then they turned and bowed to the throne. King Silver, Queen Misty, Queen Ember, you have brought us out of our arrogance, we had others warning us, and we ignored their wisdom. We humbly ask for your forgiveness for our transgression."
"All has been made right." Declared Silver. "You are to treat the Darastrix Pack with the utmost respect. I will reiterate what I said before. To disrespect this pack is to disrespect this Throne."
Silver looked at Krix. "I was going to wait until the first Counsel of Alphas, however, if you would indulge me, hear me out. The plans I have for the Darastrix, as an official pack, will, I have no doubt, be to your liking."
Clover looked to Krix. "I think it is a good idea to at least hear him out." She nuzzled him.
Ember sat quite. Krix seemed a bit different then before, but she was still a bit skeptical.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:18 am

Krix looked at Silver, hesitating. Finally he glanced at Clover before speaking slowly. "I will listen," he said. "But if you could give me some time to update my pack on what has happened and bring Hunter and Runner there to get everything settled it would be much appreciated." Krix also wanted some time to get used to the idea that everyone would know, for sure, that the Darastrix Pack was real and decide how to handle it. He turned to Hunter and Runner. "Coming into the Darastrix Pack is a new beginning. No one needs to know your past unless you choose to share it and no one will ask you for it. You can reinvent yourselves, even choose a new name if you wish. This is a chance most wolves do not get. Don't waste it," he warned them.

Misty nuzzled Silver and then Ember. "Are you alright?" she asked Ember, her voice a quiet whisper.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:37 am

"Very well." Agreed Silver. He maintained his patience, Krix was stable and the Darastrix Pack would be more beneficial to the forest then Krix even realized. Silver wanted to use all of the resources in the forest to the fullest potential.
Ember looked at Misty. "I'm still not sure I trust him." She admitted. "But, I trust Silver and I trust you."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:24 pm

Krix gave Silver a slightly guarded look before bobbing his head towards the new king. "Come Hunter, Runner, let us be off," he said. He hesitated near Clover before giving her a sad look and moving past her. Once out of the cave he broke into a fast moving lope, running for the pack's camp. "You two have until the moment we walk into camp to decide who you will be in this pack. Choose wisely."

Misty gave Clover a slightly sad smile. "Come on Clover," she said. "You can come back with us to your pack."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Clover walked with Misty. She had a big job ahead of her. Not only was she filling Ember's spot as the Beta, she was filling Silver's place as the alpha. "How did you manage to pull Silver out of his exile?" Clover asked Misty. "I never thought Krix would ever heal from his past, but now I have hope. Seeing how Silver is with you, and with Ember, I can only hope to be half the leaders the two of you are."

Silver led the remaining group back to the clearing. Stoneheart already gathered the now healed members of the Desert and Prairie Packs and began to integrate them amongst each other. Stoneheart looked upon Silver and Misty with pride. Seeing what had become of his family, in spite of great tragedy, brought him hope for the future.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Misty gave Clover a small smile. "I didn't really see it as pulling him out of exile," she said. "I just refused to let him ignore me. I wanted to help him and keep him and the kits safe. I just kept showing up and bugging him and I didn't give up." Misty looked forward to where Silver walked with her father. "Then when I had had about enough of his stubbornness and refusal to listen, I walked away. I backed off and left him alone and surprisingly enough, he followed. I brought him out his exile and he saved me from my almost self-imposed isolation and well, the rest is history," she said with a smile. "Krix has had a difficult past yes. But the way he copes is to throw himself into protecting his pack and making them safe. That's why he's so volatile sometimes. Protecting his pack is sometimes the only thing that keeps him going and when that stability is threatened... it doesn't bode well."

Krix trotted into the camp, his thoughts on Clover. He had hoped she would stay with him but he understood she had a pack to protect now, she had to stay with them. Besides, her family was in that pack, and he wasn't the easiest wolf to get along with on the best of days. Given the chance, he would have wanted her to follow the path that would give her the life she deserved.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:29 pm

"Tortaro," Silver beckoned. "We will need to prepare for another ceremony." Silver looked towards Misty and Ember. "Two more wolves will be in need soon."
Tortaro lifted his head, "Ah, I see. Very good, but in order for it to be official, the one must go through the spirit walk first, or the spirits will not recognise the union."
"Yes," agreed Silver. "That we are working on. Strongheart, you knew Krik's mother, correct?"
"Knew her? She was my sister." Laughed Stoneheart. Of the Sands Pack, only he understood why she left for the wolf of the High Moon. He agreed that it was time for Krix to claim his Sands birthright, and bring honor to his mother.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Misty tilted her head. “Wait, Krix is my cousin?” she asked Stoneheart. She had always felt close to Krix but had never thought that they were in fact related.

Krix stepped into the camp, word spreading fast that their alpha had arrived and without having to say anything Krix had gathered the entire pack. This was the way of the Daratstrix Pack, everything silent and hidden. “My family,” Krix started, his voice soft but heard by everyone. “We have new members joining us today. As is customary they get to choose who they become in this pack so I will let them introduce themselves. Their past from before does not matter anymore unless they choose to share it. Please welcome them as we would any wolf.” Krix bobbed his head once before turning to Hunter and Runner and featuring them forward. “Go on,” he said softly. “Decide who you will be.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:30 pm

"We have come here to learn your ways." Stated Hunted.
"We seek redemption from our past." Agreed Runner.
The two quickly realized they had been wrong about this pack. Silver had been right to direct them to this pack specifically. It would not take them long to see the same potential that Silver had seen. They desired to be a part of this pack.

"Yes, Misty. Krix is your cousin." Replied Stoneheart. My sister loved the High Moon Wolf, enough to leave our pack. Our parents were furious, but when it fell on me to decide, I let her go. I would have done the same thing for your mother."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Without hesitation Rex hobbled up, his brother beside him, each supporting each other on the side they were lacking on. Tails wagged as their tongues lolled out in happiness. “Well welcome!” they yipped happily. “What are you two called? I’m Rex, and this is my brother.”

Misty stared at her father in shock. “That means his family isn’t all gone then. I mean, I always considered him family but this means he truly hasn’t lost his,” she said.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:59 pm

Hunter and Runner greeted all their new packmates. They were surprised by how eager they were to be there.

"That is correct," confirmed Stoneheart. "His stubborn pride is no doubt from my Sister. She of course got it from your grandfather. Those two always butted heads." Stoneheart gave a short laugh. "If he comes to the Sands, then he and Clover here can be properly mated before the spirits. Granted he makes it out of the spirit walk."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:31 pm

Leaving the two new members of his pack to get greeted and settled in Krix wove through his pack to a hidden corner of the cave near the entrance. At their normal camp there were small dens built into the cave walls. A small lookout den outlooking the top of the cave entrance with a tunnel to one of the larger dens was reserved for Krix and his family if he ever had one. The rest of the caves were given to the rest of his pack and more were made if needed.

Misty shook her fur out. “Do you know if your sister ever taught him anything about the spirits?” she asked.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:35 pm

"Knowing her, of course she did, but weather it stuck or not, I don't know." Admitted Stoneheart.
"Either way," Stated Silver, "he must be given the chance to claim his birthright."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:08 pm

Misty looked at Silver speculatively. “You’re just trying to upheave his entire world all at once aren’t you?” she asked sarcastically. “We should talk to Clover about this as well. She did just become an Alpha a bit ago. She might want time to adjust; it is a big step. Krix knows that as well, did you not see his look when he walked away with Hunter and Runner today?”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:22 pm

"Yes," replied Silver. "He had the same look I did when I left to reclaim the North. Not only does he have a new found desire to protect his pack, he has a level head to hear and make important decisions without risk of reverting into himself."
Clover stepped forward. "I know the Northern Pack well my Queen, it would not be too much for me to do whatever I am required."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:05 pm

Misty shook her head. "That's not what I'm talking about Silver," she said. "I'm talking about the look Krix had like he had already lost Clover. She's in charge of a completely different pack now, one that isn't connected to his except if any are abandoned or leave." She sighed, leaning into Silver. "When are we going to talk to him Silver? Tomorrow?" So much had happened in the past few days that her tired mind couldn't remember when Silver had wanted to hold the Counsel of Alphas. She yawned, her eyes drooping sleepily before she shook herself slightly awake.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:10 pm

"When he returns, we'll talk. He is a wolf of his word, is he not?" Asked Silver. "He hasn't lost Clover, as he will soon find out."
"My King, what do you have planned?" Asked Clover.
Silver explained everything to the few wolves listening.
"Son, that plan is insane." Stated Stoneheart bluntly. "It might just work."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next