Writer's Block Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

2 posters

Page 12 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Go down

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest - Page 12 Empty Re: PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Post by Admin Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:11 pm

Misty shook her head. “This is not some arrogant alpha Silver,” she said. “Krix sees his pack as his family. He will fight until he dies to protect them because they have no one else. You can’t go in there with the mindset to have him submit because he will see right through it and shut you out immediately. Krix is a good alpha. He cares for his pack, every single one of them. He knows all of them better than most alphas know their mates.” Misty looked to the direction of the central territories. “That pack knows how to hide better than a leaf in a forest. You don’t know how to find them unless you know how they hide. And you don’t know how they hide unless they find you and tell you. I know most of those leaders see the Darastrix Pack as some weakling pup that needs to be controlled or put down but it is so much more than that. Just because not all of them can fight does not mean it is not useful in battle. You have some of the greatest minds from all of the packs together in one spot and collaborating like the packs never do. Lineages that were thought to have disappeared still live on in the Darastrix Pack. His parents may have started the pack but Krix made it what it is today.”

Admin
Admin

https://lfhswritersblock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest - Page 12 Empty Re: PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Post by Dark Wolf Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:28 am

"I understand how he operates, and why he is the way he is." Silver stated. "I kept my eye on this entire forest while I was in exile. I know of and have seen all packs in the forest. Even that crazy wolf that thinks he's a deer; he's actually a nice guy." Krix and Silver had the same desired goal for the forest, ultimately, they just had different ideas on how to achieve it. "Barron's foresight is never wrong. After I defeated him in battle, he foresaw that I would unite the forest. That was never my intention at first, but as I saw the pain and suffering under a divided land, I had to do something. I just never expected to find my destiny in you." Silver was speaking out of love. Her presence at first had annoyed him, but it mostly did so because he was completely enamored with her. Having been alone for so long, it threw him off. "I don't want this to come to force." Silver stated. "I want peace. His pack belongs to this Forest and belongs in this Forest. If he submits, he will be on our counsel of leaders and his pack will be properly treated, just as the High Moon Pack now respects you as they should, so will the forest respect the Darastrix Pack."

"K-Krix." Clover stuttered. "W-Why have you returned s-so soon? Clover felt flushed when Krix was nearby. She knew there was a connection, but waited patiently for him to realize it too. No length of time was too long for her. "W-we have stayed hidden, w-what are our orders?"

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:56 am

Misty sighed before touching her nose to his for a second. "This isn't going to be easy," she warned him. "And you can't call it submitting. He won't submit his pack to anyone. You need to see it as gaining a valuable ally rather than breaking another alpha." Misty met his gaze, her eyes serious. She knew this talk with Krix would either go very well or very bad but she knew it needed to be done. The Forest needed him and his pack, needed their insight, regardless of what the other packs thought. She shook herself out of her thoughts. "Silver what I am about to show you is the most fundamental secret of the Darastrix Pack. If his scouts do not catch us before we get to it, you cannot ever speak of this knowledge. It is what keeps the pack living, breathing, and hidden. It is also the one secret that sparks Krix's temper to the highest degree if it is shared. Do you understand?" she asked. "If I show you this Krix could never forgive me, but we need to have this talk. If he agrees to join us he may forgive this but we cannot fail." Misty sighed. Krix was her best friend, really had been her only friend most of her life. She needed him to join her in order to save him, his pack, and even the whole forest. It was necessary. So why did she feel like she was betraying him on the highest level?

Krix's lips quirked up in a smile at Clover's slight stutter. He settled down next to her, wrapping his black-tipped tail around his paws. "The meeting did not go quite as well as I thought it did, though I did not expect much honestly," he admitted, his head tilting slightly. "It was worth it to see Misty for a while though. They're supposed to be gathering here to talk to the other packs about the war with the humans. I want to make sure Misty is safe with what they are doing and then we will go." Krix shook his head quickly for a second, ripples of muscles shifting his fur down his back, making the veins of black almost sparkle. "We're outside of those packs and I would never place my pack in harm by forcing them to interact with the forest packs. They've been hurt too much by them. We will leave soon. For now all of you should get some rest, we will gather food for everyone in the morning." Krix rose and stretched slightly, his muscles tense from worrying about Misty and how this new king will affect his pack, on top of protecting them from the new human threat. More wolves than ever were being abandoned by their packs and the ones he didn't get to fast enough were being snatched up by the humans, or killed.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:39 pm

A sound of scurrying feet came from off in the distance. The mongoose ran up to Silver and Misty. "My liege, I have news from the underground."
"What is it, Marty?" Silver asked.
Rogue wolves have been spotted in some of the tunnels throughout the center territory." responded Marty.
"Good, then the whole forest is just about present." Silver looked to Misty. "We must first return to the Oasis. If we do not complete the ceremony, the forest will not be unified. The southern creatures will not see me as their King, and the Forest will be hesitant to accept you as their queen. If we are not united, we will lose this War. Will you trust me? I have a plan not only to bring acceptance to the Daratrix, but to give them a full seat at the table as they deserve. I have indeed seen the suffering and it will indeed end. It is apparent Krix did not recognize me for who I am, can't blame him for not having seen a tall tail, but his role is vital in our success." Silver looked back at Marty. "Thank you for reporting. Return to the Center Teritory wait for us, we shouldn't be much longer." Silver assured him.

Clover nipped at Krix's ear. "W-who was at the meeting?" Clover sensed something was slightly off, but wanted Krix to open up to her about it without excessive prying. Krix had worked so hard to protect the pack, but his recent encounter left him tense and slightly shaken. She read every detail of him like a leaf, even when no other wolf could. Krix had been good at hiding things, but he still couldn't hide them well enough to slip passed Clover's keen eyes.

Ember was still seething 'How could he be so ignorant?' she thought to herself. Under Terror's rule, the Norther Rogues indeed abandoned many wolves, but after Silver took over, no wolf had been turned away from the pack. Many wolves had in fact begun to enter the forest from outside territories. 'What does he know?" she asked herself again. She looked at the other leaders of the forest, lost in conversation. "Silver is the greatest thing to happen to this forest." she spoke softly to herself. "And Queen Misty is so beautiful." she continued to speak softly to herself. "How can Krix be so disrespectful. Clover has to be wrong about him."
"Sounds like you are having some problems." came a kind but strong voice. "You have seen two that you care for, and you know not what to make of it."
"King Tortaro, you startled me." exclaimed Ember. "You heard all that?"
"Just, Tortaro, please, I just abdicated the throne you know." Tortaro said jokingly. "Your sister knows what she is doing. Krix is lost. He has spent all his life on this one thing, not leaving any room for anything else in his life. Misty was the only thing that gave him a separate purpose. He felt like he was losing her. Silver, as you know, is an unknown factor in this situation. Silver is never seen unless he intends for it, so even the well connected packs of the east didn't know he existed outside of forest lore."
Ember hung on every word Tortaro spoke.
"So," stated Tortaro. "What are you going to do about your fluttering heart? Silver and Misty should be back soon."
Ember just sat quietly. She wasn't sure what she would do, but if Clover found the good in a pompass, arrogant jerk like Krix, then maybe her heart led to the King and Queen both.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Misty's eyes flickered as she held Silver's gaze, indecision written all over her face. She had never had anyone who was willing to do so much for not only her but her family. Sighing she pressed her head into his chest before stepping back again. “I trust you Silver,” she said. “I don’t know what you are planning but I trust you.” She glanced in the direction of the center territory before turning and following Silver back to the Oasis.

Krix gave her a slightly strained smile. He didn’t like worrying his pack and rarely shared his worries with them. Giving a small sigh he sat down again, knowing Clover was just worrying and wouldn’t stop until he shared something, and he couldn’t stand having her worried. “Misty has found herself a mate,” he said, recalling the bright silver wolf that had held himself back, barely, from killing Krix for his blatant challenging. “And he has decided to declare himself king of the forest.” Krix’s tone took a slight biting quality as he recalled the meeting, his bitterness at it all starting to show through. “As if those packs would ever be content to set aside decades of strife just because he asks them to. I swear this union is going to cause the largest amount of bloodshed the Forest had ever seen.” Krix finally pushed himself to his feet and started pacing, his eyes worried and anxious, his hackles raised slightly. “Clover I need to protect this pack. I’m all they have, I can’t let some alpha drag them into a war they didn’t sign up for,” he said. “But these humans, they’re dangerous Clover. More dangerous than any enemy we have ever encountered. I don’t know if I’m strong enough. Oh who am I kidding Clover, I’m not strong enough, and everyone knows it.” Krix stopped and sighed, his head hanging slightly.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Ember looked onward as she saw two figures approach. First Silver, then Misty. Her heart raced. 'Of course, Ember.' She thought to herself, 'way to want something you can't have."
"Ember," Tortaro requested, "you and Lunara must take Misty and prepare her for the ceremony. Stoneheart, you and I will prepare Silver."

"Krix, you kn-know Misty well, don't you?" Clover asked. "Maybe there is m-more to this wolf than you as-sume. W-what's his name?"

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:09 am

Misty followed Silver back to the Oasis, part of her heart still tugging her back to Krix and the Darastrix Pack. Shaking it off she trusted Silver and stepped close to him to nuzzle him as the sky finally darkening into dusk. "I'll see you soon," she whispered. She touched her nose to his before turning and following Ember and her sister to the underground caves in the dunes. Moonlight glinted through holes in the ceiling, creating streams of light that reflected off the brilliant blue tiamo strains in the sandstone. The tiamo stone aided in bringing two halves together to become whole and thinning the barrier to the spiritual world, which is why whenever a cave was found with the stone it was used as a healing center and mating unions. The light bounced off the stone and the stirred up sand that was floating in the air, creating a fantastical vision and calming atmosphere. Down at the end of the cave, paint had already been created by the flowers from nearby cacti, desert berries that grew around the oases, and powder created from the tiamo stone itself. To connect the paint to Misty's union, a small amount of her blood would be added, reacting with the berries, flowers, and dust to create a brilliant blue color that would flare bright whenever the moonlight hit it. The paint was spread onto her fur in smooth lines, creating tribal patterns that flowed over the natural lines of her muscles. Symbols representing fertility and health started from the bottom of her back legs and spread up to flow along her belly. The symbols easily blended into ones of protection and strength down her front legs then up along the line of her shoulder to curl around her ears. Finally, to finish the designs, the paint spread to her eyes, around her heart, and down her back with symbols of unity, eternity, and wholeness. The designs eased her soul into the union and blessed it; honoring one’s Korthar and Torke and helping their souls to find their mate even after death. The paint was created to stain the fur for one whole moon, signifying their union to the whole forest. Just as the paint was starting to settle along the silver strands of her fur Nakit flew into the caves along with a couple of other birds from around the territory. “Nakit!” Misty called, her spirits lifting as her old friend appeared. Nakit landed on the edge of the pool, placing her findings into the shallow bowl beside it. As Misty stepped forward the other birds puffed their feathers out.

“We made you Bapriv necklace,” Nakit stated proudly. She and the others held up a necklace made of bones. The bones were from small mammals that had died in the desert recently. They had cleaned the bones until they were a clear white then tied them together with strong desert vines with blooming red flowers. Long bones made up the chain of the necklace while nearing the base of it, claws, horns, fangs, and rib bones woven with red flowers made up a gorgeous pendent that sat low over Misty’s heart. The bone necklace was woven into her fur around her scruff, holding it in place so it wouldn’t shift during the ceremony. From the top of the necklace the bones continued in woven, parallel lines along her back to the base of her tail. Connected to those bones where loose bone strands that hung down her flanks, shifting as she walked, the bones clicking together as they collided. The necklace was made to represent the balance between life and death; the immortality of the soul and love in the midst of the body dying at the end of a lifetime. Misty looked up at Nakit and touched her nose to Nakit’s beak. “Oh Nakit it’s beautiful,” Misty said, her voice soft with appreciation. “Thank you.”

Krix flicked an ear back. “I’ve known Misty since I was a pup,” he said. “I met her when I had wandered away from the caves to explore when I shouldn’t have and she saved me drowning in the river. She brought me back home by following my scent, even through the water, back to the pack. She’s been my hero since then, especially when she saved my mother’s life a few moons back. She’s the only one that has always been there and has always looked out for me, no matter what. And now she’s gone and left me for some hot-shot silver wolf that wants to control the whole forest.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Ember's soul quivered as she helped Lunara prepare the paints for Misty's ceremony. Something was tugging at her and she wasn't sure what it meant. Tortaro called her out on wanting both the King and the Queen, but this was unheard of. 'There is no way that's what he meant.' She thought to herself. There Misty was, sitting still, peaceful. Ember tilted her head, but snapped out of her haze. This was a wolf she had just met, why did her soul quiver? Lunara directed Ember how to paint the markings. Ember took extra care to make every mark perfect trying to hide her quivering soul.

"S-silver wolf?" asked Clover "Th-there is only one s-silver wolf in these woods. K-krix, that's Silver of the Northern Pack. I-if he is out in the o-open. Oh, t-this is b-bad." Clover's stutter became worse. "Y-you should hear him o-out." There was concern in Clover's voice. She had ran into Silver a day or so before Silver met Misty. He knew Ember and Clover had decided to keep an eye on the Eastern Rogues. Clover had already felt the connection to Krix and had told Silver about it. Silver took interest in the Daratrix Pack. "Y-you know the s-stories." Clover continued, hoping Krix would agree. "I-if anyone can h-help us, surly S-Silver can." 'He chose a mate?' Clover thought to herself. 'I hope Ember is taking it well.'

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Misty opened her eyes to catch the tail end of Ember's focus, watching her hurriedly look away and focus on her tasks. "Ember?" she asked, her head tilting slightly as she searched Ember's expression, concern in her voice. "Are you alright?"

Krix nuzzled Clover gently as he did to his pack when they were scared, trying to ease her stuttering nervousness. "Clover it's alright," he said. "I'm not going to let him hurt you. Even if I have to sacrifice myself to give Moon time to get all of you to safety, I won't let him hurt you by taking over this pack." Krix stood again, trying to resist the urge to pace; he must not show fear in front of his pack. He had to be strong, for them. "I need to talk to Misty," he said, his voice becoming determined as it settled on a path. "I need to talk to her alone. She knows what this pack went through in the hands of those forest packs. She wouldn't push us to go under one's rule."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:14 am

Ember was a bit flustered. "Yes, my Queen. I'm alright." Ember's heart began to race. Lunara had caught onto Ember's behavior. She gave Ember the instructions for the final markings for Misty's face, then left the tent. Ember was careful to make every stroke of her tail perfect. She stepped back. The sight of Misty left her speechless. All Ember could think to do was to bow her head, not daring to look into Misty's eyes.

"K-krix," said Clover. "I-if it really is S-Silver, Please heed w-what he has to say. H-he wouldn't come out of h-hiding if it wasn't s-serious." Clover didn't want to reveal her ties to Silver, but she didn't see any other option. "I-i was a pup when he came for my pack." she admitted. "My pack was r-resp-ponsible for the destruction of the Northern Pack. Silver was the only survivor. When he came, the Northern Rogues all fought. More than twenty fought this one wolf. All fell. Terror, the leader a-at the time, put his safety before the packs'. Si-Silver found th-that unforgivable. The only life lost that d-day was T-Terror's. My older sister, the f-first to attack Silver became his Beta. I w-wanted to explore, s-so with my sister's blessing, I left a-and I f-found you."

"Silver, my boy." Stoneheart said cheerfully. "I am glad that it is you that chose Misty."
"Yes, finding her has brought joy to my life." agreed Silver. "Albeit, unexpected."
Stoneheart and Tortaro brushed fierce marks on Silver.These marks fought over his canvas for what was most fierce. There were no curved lines, only straight and jagged lines. The war paint and the designs represented his role as a protector and as a leader. A single flower placed over his heart to symbolize new life and his love for the one he would be joined to. Red paint was chosen to symbolize war, ferocity, blood, and Love. The last one made everything else necessary as it was his job to protect his mate at all costs.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 am

Misty touched her nose to Ember's, completely oblivious to the effect she was having on Ember. She stepped back, looking at the paint and bone flower jewelry before giving Ember a shaking smile. "How do I look?" she asked, her eyes searching Ember’s nervously.

"Knowing Misty, if he was in or near Shadow's territory, she dragged him out of hiding," Krix grumbled. "Curiosity kills the cat so to speak." For a second after Krix processed what she had said he was stunned silent as he realized she was from one of the False Rogue packs. Where you're from doesn't matter, he chastised himself. It's what you make yourself and how you act that defines who you are.. "As much as I appreciate someone finally putting that bastard down, that doesn't mean I'm going to buddy up with him and let him take my family," he said. "Don't fret Clover, I'm not going to fight him, I'm not that stupid. But I will keep you all safe."

Nakit flew into Silver's preparation cave and drew up short, her wings flapping wildly to hold her in place. "Well would you look at you," she chirped before settling on a cave rock. "You're going to knock them dead." Hopping a little closer Nakit called the other birds in. "I have something for you." She pulled bones from the pile and motioned the birds to set the other bones down. Silver's bones were more focused on strength, the bones sharpened into an almost armor. Long bones woven into his fur along his muscles were connected with thick vines, plates of scapulas protecting his shoulders and flanks. Sheets of small bones crisscrossed to create chainmail that flowed over his fur, highlighting the warpaint. Claws and fangs were woven along his back and up along his neck around his eyes and ears to form a helmet-like structure. Focused around his heart they formed a circle, bowing over a delicate desert rose as if protecting it from harm. "Stunning," Nakit pronounced, her blue and black feathers puffed out in pride.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:18 am

Ember jumped back when Misty touched her their noses together. "R-radiant,my Queen. S-Silver will be most pleased. It felt like her heart had burst. Ember ran from the cave.

Clover began to feel frustrated. All the talk of protecting the pack, but he wasn't listening. He heard her, but it wasn't getting through to him. "You don't get it!" Clover spoke a full sentence without stuttering. This only happened when she became angry. Her voice started getting loud enough for others to hear. "Silver is not an enemy for you to protect us from! If you honestly knew what he had been through and what he plans to do, you would think different!" Clover shook her head. "I love you, but your stubbornness is going to get someone hurt or killed!" In her frustration Clover said it, her feelings came out. She became quiet and flustered upon realizing her words. Clover pulled away from Krix slightly, being careful to avoid eye contact.

"Thank you Nakit," Silver said to the bird. "How are preperations with Misty going?"

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:51 am

Misty flicked her ears back before swishing her tail, the bone Bapriv clinking with every movement. What was going on with her? she thought. She knew she was a little odd because she hadn't really spent much time around wolves really so she supposed she was a little... dense, when it came to wolf to wolf interaction, though she normally was not this bad at it. Tilting her head she stared in the direction Ember had run off to, torn between going to meet Silver and following Ember. Making up her mind Misty shook out her fur before loping quickly after Ember. "Ember wait!" she called.

Krix rocked back on his back legs, stunned. Not only because Clover's stutter had completely disappeared on the heels of a fiery, confident anger, but as her words filtered through his shock he registered the last words he had ever expected to come out of her mouth. For a minute he just stared at her, the whole cave seeming to have narrowed to the one tunnel they were in, all other sound ceasing to exist. He honestly didn't even know where to start. "What? How?," he started several ways until just settling on one. "Why?" he asked.

Nakit tilted her head. "Misty has finished hers so if you are ready Silver we can start," Nakit stated. She respected that in the wolf world, Silver and Misty had become some important wolves but to her they were still her friends, Misty specifically.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:02 pm

Ember's soul quivered as she hid. This was something she'd never done before. She was the first to attack Silver on Terror's command, but facing Misty, another she-wolf. Ember had a hard time wrapping her head around it. She lay still, hoping Misty wouldn't find her. She didn't want to deal with any issues until after the ceremony, but it would seem that it would not be possible as Misty had followed her out.

"You h-heard me." Clover stuttered. "N-now, w-when will we come o-out of hiding? We can't survive by h-hiding if humans are here. Ar-are you going to hear What Silver has to say?" Clover asked impatiently. She wanted to avoid his eyes, but she overlooked her fear and shot Krix a look as though she meant business. She was not going to let him make the mistake of blind distrust when all factors of the situation pointed to one thing.

"Let's go to the Ceremony site." suggested Silver. "We can wait for Misty there." Stoneheart and Tortaro agreed.
"Typical she-wolf." laughed Stoneheart. "They get ready for anything and still run late."
"Happens every ceremony." agreed Tortaro. "I know, I've conducted all of them." The three continued to exchange remarks while they walked to the site.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Misty’s nose twitched as she gently trotted across the sand. Years of being by herself and finding the most elusive plants and strangers had honed her sense of smell to one much better than most wolves so finding Ember’s scent among the sand wasn’t a problem. Stopping next to Ember’s hiding spot Misty sat, the bones woven into her fur clinking as she curled her tail around her paws. “Ember,” she said softly. “I know something is wrong. I’d like to think I was your friend and I would like to help if I can. Was it something I did?”

The golden flecks in Krix’s eyes locked onto Clover’s as she sent him a determined and slightly irritated look, one he found strangely adorable. “I won’t go running to him with my tail between my legs like some scolded pup but if he comes to me to talk then yes, I will listen to him,” he said before tilting his head, still holding her gaze. “Would that make you happy Clover?”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Ember came out of hiding. She was able to face down any bear, but to look Misty in the eyes terrified her. To admit her soul's desire shook her to the core. What other choice did she have? "My Queen, I feel it in my soul. It resonates when you are near. It resonates with Silver too. I, I'm not sure what to make of it." She wanted to run as she spoke the words, but Misty's gaze held her to her spot.

"Silver won't ever ask you to, unless you give him no other option." Clover began. "If he chose M-misty as his M-mate, no one would be more f-ferce in her protection then him. You have nothing to worry about. Thank you for hearing, and listening." Clover moved a bit closer to Krix, then paused.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Misty's ears flicked back once in surprise but somehow wasn't as shocked as she thought she would be. She tilted her head, the movement causing the bones to clink and the sun to highlight the silver in her fur. "How long have you felt like this?" she asked, her voice soft. Misty wasn't really sure how she should feel since she had never been in a situation like this before, hell she had just gotten used to Silver loving her.

Krix's chest rumbled in an almost purr until he stopped it a second after. "I'll always worry about all of you. That's kind of my job," he said, his tone teasing. Krix suddenly sighed, his shoulders drooping slightly as all of the worry settled on his shoulders, his eyes tired.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:16 pm

"My soul always resonated with Silver, ever since he defeated me in combat, when he first returned to the Northern Territory." Ember admitted. "When I heard he found a mate, I thought I'd be jealous, but after seeing you, it's just the opposite. My soul resonates resonates with you too." Ember was typically confident, but this situation had her at odds with herself.

Clover saw how concerned and burdened Krix was. He couldn't keep going on like this. He may have been a young wolf like herself, but she could tell stress caused his body to age rapidly. She worked up the courage to move close to Krix and lay beside him, wrapping her tail around him. 'Silver, don't let me down.' She thought to herself.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 am

Misty was silent for a long while, trying to piece through her feelings. Her ears started to flick in a fast then slow pattern as it flipped between nervousness and contemplation of this new complication. She looked into herself at the two wolves that were staring intently at her, their eyes calm as if trusting she knew what to do. Her mind made up Misty looked up to meet Ember's eyes, holding her gaze for a moment. After her eyes flicked over Ember's for a little she stood and without saying anything stepped in close to Ember, rubbing her cheek into Ember's, the small bones woven into her ears catching slightly in Ember's fur as if holding her closer.

Krix's muscles tensed at first as Clover's body touched his. He had tried hard to keep himself from other wolves in order to be the leader he needed to be but after a while he couldn't resist her and his body relaxed into hers. He laid his head down, exhaustion flooding his whole body. "I need to keep them safe," he murmured, his voice barely audible. Heaving a deep sigh he finally drifted off, the black veins in his fur melting into the ones in Clover as if even their coat patterns knew they were connected.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:25 am

"My Queen." Ember was taken back by Misty's sudden display of affection. "What does this mean?" Ember felt confused, what would this mean for Silver? What was this affection for? Embers thoughts raced as she tried to make sense of it all. "My Queen." Ember felt Misty's warmth, her scent filled Ember's muzzle. 'What now?' Ember asked herself.

As Krix slept, Clover rested her head, occasionally she would look at him, she felt at peace with Krix by her side.

Soon everyone had gathered at the site waiting for the ceremony. Only Misty and Ember were missing. "Lunara," Silver asked, "Where is Misty?"
Lunara hesitated, "She should be on her way soon." Silver accepted this answer and continued to remain patient.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:50 am

Misty wrapped her neck around Ember's, holding her close. She didn't know what she was going to do about this situation but she did know that when she was with Ember her heart warmed, and she didn't want her leaving. "We'll figure out what to do later," she murmured softly, her breath stirring the fur around Ember's ears. "One day at a time. For right now, would you be my Sepa Shivi?" she asked, stepping back to meet Ember's gaze, her eyes serious.

Krix's ears flicked slightly in his sleep, his eyes scrunching with worry even in sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night he jerked awake, a bad feeling running through his soul. Unable to go back to sleep he pushed himself to his feet, still feeling a bit of shock that he had slept next to Clover but trying not to wake her up. He picked his way around the sleeping pack and headed to sit at the cave entrance, his eyes searching the night over and over, every muscle tensed.

Nakit flew up to Silver after she had disappeared for a bit. "Silver, Misty is handling a certain situation right now. She will be on her way shortly," she said.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Ember took a step back. "My Queen, I don't know what that is, but what ever you need me to do, I am at your disposal. Just tell me your wish and I will do what I can to fulfill it." Ember was not aware of Southern customs as she was born into the Northern Rogues.

Clover woke up having lost the warmth of Krix. She watched him from her spot as he looked into the night. She wanted to join him, but felt this was a moment to let him be.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:17 pm

Misty touched her nose to Ember’s. “The Sepa Shivi means ‘soul guide’ and it is a huge part of the union,” she said. “During the ceremony our spirits leave our bodies for a brief moment but in that time our bodies are very vulnerable and many an Alpha had been killed while their soul had been searching for its mate in the spirit world. The Sepa Shivi was created to protect their bodies while their spirits roamed and it is only given to those they trust the most in the world.” Misty kept her eyes on Ember as she talked. “Ember, I’d like you to be my Sepa Shivi.”

Krix’s ear flicked back as he heard a body stir behind him but dismissed it when the shuffling settled down. What am I going to do? he thought to himself, worry for his pack and confusion about Clover spinning through his heart and his mind. He had promised his parents he would keep the pack safe and he had done all he could. But now it seemed the ways to do that were increasingly few. As Krix contemplated this the faintest shuffle snapped him out of his wanderings and every muscle in his body went taut. A second later a shadow appeared on the edge of his vision, quickly approaching. Krix had been a little ways away from the tunnel entrance so they must have just seen him while doing routine searches, his coat identified him easily enough. Reacting instantly Krix dropped under the pounce and bit at the attacker's underbelly, easily tearing the flesh. The intruder yelped and crashed to the ground. Just as Krix was straightening another wolf slammed into his side, knocking him back a step before he caught himself and twisted out of its grip, folding his body to snap his fangs at their throat and feeling the fur whistle past. Krix hopped back just enough to get a handle on the fight. As he had suspected they were Forest pack members. Probably going crazy from being stuck on the island with nothing to do. Krix hadn’t been taught much on how to fight, except what he learned from his father who had been born an Eastern wolf. Whatever else he knew was gained from the years protecting his pack who could not protect themselves. Krix’s keen eyes picked out a third wolf in the darkness and he snarled, his ears pinned back. A split second later he leaped at them, ducking away at the last moment to avoid their teeth and bring his fangs right next to their throats. Krix had more speed the strength and used that to his advantage, darting around the attackers, passing through their snapping easily and inflicting wounds to their legs, throats, and sides every time he passed. Soon the wolves were exhausted and Krix pushed his advantage, his teeth cutting deeper until his leap pushed them to the ground, their bodies thudding to the floor. Krix kept his legs braced, the whites of his fangs showing as he snarled. Inside his mind was completely calm throughout the fight though to others he looked extremely pissed off. “Don’t you EVER come near me or my pack again or this will feel like a mate’s love bite in comparison,” he snarled. Grabbing one by its throat, he tossed it up and away from him, the wolf running a few steps to try and keep from falling over. “Now leave!” His snark echoed through the trees, driving away the wolves. His chest heaved as he stood, muscles shaking from anger and the wounds he had received. He hid them well though, stifling his winces as he returned to his watch, silently thanking his mother for teaching him to trust the instincts his spirit gave him. He had known the packs might try something when they knew he was in the area and had he ignored his feeling of dread his whole pack could have been hurt.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:24 am

"I will guard both of you with my life." Affirmed Ember. Being granted so great a task meant a lot to her. "We should head over to the site, My Queen."

Clover watched what had transpired outside the cave. Krix had returned to his post. All Clover wanted to do was to address his wounds. She stood up, stretched, then walked over to him. She began to lick his wounds. 'Good, nothing serious,' she thought to herself. She hoped Silver's plan truely involved addressing this pack and bringing them out of the shadows. Only time would tell.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:12 am

Misty bobbed her head. “Alright,” she said. She touched her nose to Ember’s and leaned into her for a second before walking ahead of her, the Bariv bones shifting with each step, the moonlight causing the paint to glow a brilliant blue against her silver grey fur.

Krix jumped as someone touched him, his muscles immediately tensing up and going on high alert. He relaxed slightly when he realized it was Clover then winced as the pain of his wounds settled back in. “Clover. What are you doing here?” he asked. “You should be asleep.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next