Writer's Block Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

2 posters

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest - Page 28 Empty Re: PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Post by Admin Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:32 am

Jack laughed. "Silver. Sasha is a very smart girl, one of the smartest partners I've ever had," he said. "But she is not.... whatever you are. She is smart in pitfall and wolf terms but she is not, the throne. And what do you mean by let her off her chain?"

Sasha took a shuttering breath as she stood in front of Ember's bright red fur. Closing her eyes she took a breath before letting the dress fall from her shoulders and shifted. She opened her eyes to meet Ember's.

Admin
Admin

https://lfhswritersblock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest - Page 28 Empty Re: PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Post by Dark Wolf Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:56 am

Ember looked into Sasha's eyes. Now, we throw our heads back, and put all of our feelings into our howl. Ember started it. The sound that pierced the quiet night was beautiful, melodic even. All of her love for Silver and Misty resonated in her howl. All of her desire for Sasha was there too.

"Those of us from the forest communicate with each other quite effectively." Silver began. "I know you trust her. If we can communicate with you just as we are now, then what makes you think we can't do the same with her? Do you think she is incapable of following orders if spoken in the right language?" Silver paused before answering the last question. "She has that rope around her neck. We hear the buzzing too. We know what it means. Perhaps, take that off, or at least turn down the noise." Silver suggested.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Jack raised a brow, having never considered that Sasha would be able to communicate with Silver and the others though it certainly explained a lot. "Silver, that collar isn't to control her," he said. "She is trained to return at the sound because that is the only reason she is allowed to wander unsupervised so she is able to return when we need her. It also identifies her so she is not put in a pound or anything of that nature. It is why I had her microchipped as well."

Sasha's ears flicked back in surprise. I can't howl, she thought. Jack knows my howl and might thing something is wrong. Sasha shook her fur out as it rose slightly with Ember's beautiful howl.

Misty's head lifted, her gaze sharp as she focused on the treeline, her raised ears practically visible in her human form. Her head tilted as it did in her wolfskin, listening to Ember's howl though she itched to return it. Hearing no distinct message, she slumped back slightly, sighing as she leaned slightly against Silver, seeking his touch.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:35 pm

Silver saw that the thoughts in Jack's head were turning. "Then..." Silver paused. He heard Ember's unmistakable howl He sat quietly and listened to it with Misty. There was no clear message on it, but the meaning that carried with it drew him towards her. When she stopped, he returned to his conversation.
"If I may," came s voice from the table. An older gentleman, still in uniform, though his age shown. He was the former chief before stepping aside to let Jack handle things. "Ive been doing this for a long time Jack, and I have seen a lot of weird shit in my time. Weren't we just saying how the mayor is a bitch, inexperienced, and should be replaced?" the old man paused. "If no one challenges her, then things around here will never change." The old man looked at Misty with grandfatherly eyes. "I've heard enough from this young man. I think it is a wise decision to trust him."
Silver looked at the old man. "Sir, what is your name?" he asked.
You can call me Mark. Or grandpa. I'm used both."

Ember looked at Sasha. "Out here, we are background noise. Howl with me!" She persisted as her fur burned with a passionate flare.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:27 pm

Jack clasped hands with Mark in greeting. "Mark," he said. "It's good to see you. I understand your point and agree with you but what do you propose I do about it?"

Sasha flicked an ear and shook her fur out. Oh what the hell, she thought before lifting her muzzle and howling. Clean, pure note rose into the air.

Misty straightened as a howl rose into the air, looking over to meet Silver's gaze and noticed how many of the other humans were looking towards the forest as well.

Jack's head whipped around and he started getting up. That's Sasha's howl, he thought. "Excuse me gentleman," he said hurriedly.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:39 pm

Ember paused for a brief moment before joining Sasha in a harmonious howl that echoed through the trees as if a symphony resonated through the forest. Ember's fur glowed a warm, soothing, beautiful shade of red.

Silver caught Misty's eyes. He then stopped Jack. Knowing that Sasha's secret would be reveiled, Silver pulled Jack close so that only the two of them and Misty knew what was being said. "Sasha is with Ember. Let them be, they are both safe." Silver knew this would reveal Sasha's secret to Jack, but Silver knew Jack would take it in stride, and that it was better than risking the whole town find out.
Mark got Jack's attention back on him. "What you should do is just as he suggested. Go kick that hag out of office. Your dog will be fine." Mark assured him as only Mark could do, blunt and with an ere of criticism.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:06 pm

Sasha fell into the howl, her voice raising into the air, calling for love and home, remembering the pain of her youth and yearning for her family.

Jack frowned. "Why would Ember be with Sasha?" he asked. The idea of what Silver was trying to say was so far from his mind he couldn't even consider it.

Misty placed a hand on Silver's shoulder. "She asked us to promise my love," she whispered, her voice low so only Silver could hear her. "Is it wise to continue on this path? It may change her feelings towards us."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:16 pm

Silver frowned. "You are right, my Love." Silver admitted. He turned to Jack. Silver brought the conversation back to opposition. " Mark is correct in his assessment. If you want proper change and to help affect peace between the humans and the forest, you need to challenge your leader. I would do it myself, but I don't know enough about humans to claim rule over them."

When Sasha and Ember finished, Ember pulled her companion close to her, her head draped in a hug around Sasha's shoulders. How do you feel?" Ember asked. The love she felt for Silver and Misty as well as the love she desired on Sasha's behalf, drenched her voice and tone.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:05 pm

Jack opened and shut his mouth before shaking his head. "You two really aren't going to let this go are you?" he asked. "Have you forgotten that people are voted into office? And that isn't until next month. What if I'm worse than she is?"

Sasha shook her fur out. "Like I just had my whole life and soul exposed," she muttered, shaking her coat again to try and shake the unease from her thoughts. "I have to go check on Jack," she said. "He might have heard me howl."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:10 pm

Silver and Mark exchanged looks. Max was the first to speak. "Look. If you suck at being Mayor, I'll quit being chief of police." Mark said with a straight face. He kept it straight for a minute before he started laughing. "Jack, I never seen you this nervous since you took over as Chief. You must really want this, or you wouldn't doubt yourself this much. That should be all the answers you need. "I gather, we have representatives of the forest here." Mark acknowledged. Silver nodded his head. "Tell that Old Tortoise he still owes me money. I know he's still kick'n out there somewhere." Mark laughed a bit more. He had been turning seventy-five this year and had hung out with Tortaro while Tortaro walked among the humans.
Silver instantly gave Mark his full respect. "Tortaro just stepped down as King of the Desert." Silver informed him. "Misty," he nodded to his queen. "is his successor." Pride was dripping off his voice. Whenever Silver spoke of Misty or Ember, he couldn't stop his love or pride for them from showing. Silver then looked at Jack. "You couldn't possibly do any worse than the current Mayor. And if your, election, is next moon, then you have plenty of time to prepare."

Ember shifted, then slipped her dress on. She couldn't help but watch in admiration as Sasha did the same. Before heading back, Ember grabbed Sasha and embraced her, emitting a warm and comforting aura with a glow in the fur to match. "It is different to howl by yourself than when you howl with someone who cares about you." Ember stated softly. She then led the way out of the forest and back to where Silver and Misty were. When they returned, they found Silver and the older man exchanging stories about Tortaro.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:16 am

Jack shook his head. “Alright alright. Fine,” he said. “But at least let me talk to Jesus. She’s a part as any other and I won’t make a decision until then. As you said, I have a whole month before the election. Though I’m still unsure of why you all want me to so bad. Come on, the banquet is ending and I want to find Sasha.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:11 am

"No need to leave," came Ember's voice from behind. "We are both here." As they walked up, it was apparent they had been in the forest. While Sasha had maintained her look, Ember had a stick in her hair and leaves on her dress. She, of course, had been oblivious to the way she appeared.
Silver picked the stick out Ember's hair as he wrapped an arm around her. He whispered in her ear, "So, that was the beautiful sound we heard from in here."

Mark greeted Sasha and Ember. He had always known something was different about Sasha, though he never said anything to Jack. He remembered his old friend, and recognized the similarities in behavior that Sasha shared with the old tortoise.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:39 am

Jack stood. "Ember, was she alright?" he asked before glancing over at Sasha's human form. "Oh right. Mark, I don't think I've formally introduced you. This is Sasha, she's a bit of a recluse in our lovely town but we do love when she shows up."

Sasha smiled slightly and held out her hand to Mark though her skin itched slightly at how he was looking at her. "It's nice to meet you," she said.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Mark looked upon Sasha with admiration. He knew a shapeshifter when he saw one. He was surprised Jack hadn't noticed it at all. "It is quite the pleasure to meet such a beautiful young lady." Mark said kindly. He then whispered so only she could hear. "I always knew there was something special about you, ya mangy mutt." He spoke with a loving tone, having had seen how much progress she made with Jack over the past couple years. "It's a shame he never caught on."

Silver thought for a moment. "If you win, all negotiations between the forest and your town will be conducted between the two of us." He said to Jack. "Should anything happen to me, Misty and Ember will take my place for negotiations. We will wait until after your town's election to speak with you or that, mayor there, of yours."

Ember stood beaming. She had been so happy that Sasha howled with her, she was unable to contain herself. The only thing that would have made it more of an experience would have been if Misty was there with them too. She thought of how much trouble they could cause for Silver. She didn't know how much trouble they already caused for him.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Sasha jumped and looked at him in alarm. How does he know, she thought. Dammit this is all Silver's fault. If I had never agreed to bring him here no one would be guessing like this. Maybe he means something else and I'm just overthinking it. Swallowing hard she forced herself to smile. "I'm not sure I know what you mean," she said. "I'm just happy to help our visitors settle into the town."

Jack frowned. "I'm sorry I can't help you more," he said.

Misty tried to hold herself but couldn't. "What about the animals being held?" she asked. "You can't keep them. It's not... it's not right. They have families and loved ones. They do not deserve to be prisoners." Her gaze looked sharply at Sasha. She knew Ember favored her for some reason, and Silver had some interest as well, but she couldn't help but feel as if she was losing her family. She didn't want to admit but, she was jealous. Ember and Silver were one of the very few she could truly trust, aside from her animal friends and Krix.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:06 am

Seeing the look on her face, Silver leaned over to Sasha. "He was acquainted with the former King of the Sands, Tortaro. Your secret is still safe, but you should probably come clean, it would ultimately help Jack as he challenges the current leader here."

Ember felt a tug at her heart as she looked at Misty. Her bright color faded into a dull, apologetic glow. "I'm sorry, Misty." she said shyly, and between them. "I don't want you to feel that way." The strength of Misty's emotions had nearly overwhelmed Ember. She became submissive to Misty, hugging her tight.

Silver then responded to Jack. "It's not a matter of what you can do now, it is a matter of what you can do in the future. You will have support from the Throne of the Forest, and I can guarantee, this town will also give you their support."

Mark gave one final wave. "I'll be back around." Then he departed.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:09 am

Sasha glared at him. “That is not your choice to make,” she snipped. Her heart beating fast at the idea that Jack would ever find out.

Misty sighed, hugging Ember back, resting her head on Ember’s and petting it gently. “It’s alright my love,” she said softly. “You did not mean it and it is nothing important. Do not allow my insecurities to dampen your light. I’d never forgive myself if I was the cause of something so beautiful being put out.” She hugged Ember tight, missing the times when it was just them, missing her family. She quickly held back the tears that threatened to spill as she buried her face in Ember’s hair, holding her close as she took a slow breath in to steady herself. Her hand was shaking slightly, her human version of her nervous wolf tick. She smoothed down Ember’s hair. “Don’t worry about me,” she said. “I’m just being silly is all.”

Jack frowned slightly. “Hopefully,” he said softly. If not there stands to be many lives lost; on both sides, he thought. “See ya Mark.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:00 am

Silver spoke so that only Sasha, Ember, and Misty could understand. "I didn't say it was. I'll admit, I came close, but I was reminded of my promise. You have Misty to thank for that. That being said, if you truly trust this human as much as you claim, you are insulting that trust by not being honest with him. His opinion of you won't change. Either part of you."

Ember looked deep into Misty's eyes. "You make me shine the brightest. I don't want you to be sad, or worried. You won't lose me, and Silver would sooner die then abandon you." Ember didn't realize she spoke loud enough for Silver and Sasha to hear as well. "The Spirits have something big planned for Sasha. I don't know what," she admitted, "but I know they do. I can feel it, as clearly as I feel your hearts beating with mine." Ember's voice trailed off. For being a warrior, she had never felt so vulnerable then when she was with Misty and Silver.
Silver broke away from his conversation with Jack. "Excuse me." He said, having picked up on some of the manners used by the humans throughout the evening. He scooped up Ember and Misty into his arms. He kissed each of them deeply before returning to his conversation with Jack.
"You are correct, lives are at stake. That is why you are the best for the this community."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:58 am

Sasha looked at the three of them with a slight frown. “I.... I have to go,” she said. Hurrying out she barely made it to the tree line before she stripped and shifted, howling, her howl crying out for answers and love. Begging for help understanding her place in this world.

Misty snuggled into her mates, hiding under their auras. She had always been awed by how strong and confident they were, never feeling adequate to be a queen compared to them. She just wanted to go back to their kits and her family. She wanted to go home.

“We’ll see,” Jack said contemplatively, watching Silver and his queens closely. “The election has yet to happen.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:36 am

Ember looked after Sasha as she left. She whispered to Misty. "She's lost, and confused. She doesn't know if she belongs in the human world or the forest. We should go after her."
Silver remained silent for while. "Jack, does Sasha have any reason not to trust you?" He finally asked. "No, that's not quite the right question." he stated. "I think Ember is right. However, we're not the ones she needs to see. She needs to see Tortaro."

He stumbled through the bushes. "Those bastards in there, eating and drinking. Stuffing their fat faces. Those mangy wolves, that good for nothing mutt." Came the voice of a drunk hunter. He had just been released from the jail on a technicality. Holding a rifle, he was hunting for the animals that stopped him from his fun. He wanted revenge. He didn't expect to see what he saw. A young woman ran from the town hall, and into the forest. She stripped naked. 'Now that's more like it.' He thought to himself. Then the naked woman transformed into a wolf, right before his eyes. "Wait a minute." He spoke softly as he studied what he saw. "That's the fucking mutt that attacked me. The wolf seemed unaware that she was in danger as the man tracked her, staying upwind.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:48 am

Jack frowned. “What are you talking about?” he asked.

Sasha sprinted through the forest, skidding to a stop some ways in and howling, despair in her voice. Her life used to be so simple, so good. Now everything was ruined and she didn’t know how to fix it.

Misty sighed. Kingdom first, she thought to herself. “We can’t just leave her alone. Not right now,” she said, her voice sounding tired.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:27 am

"No time to explain." Silver stated. The three of them took off after Sasha quickly. As soon as they hit the wood line, they undressed and transformed. They covered better ground in wolf form. They found Sasha curled up in the middle of a clearing. As they approached, Ember moved to lay next to her, and draped her head over her friend. Silver sat next to Misty and wrapped his tail around her. They remained unaware of what was about to transpire.

He kept himself upwind. He was shocked to see the other three wolves appear from the wood line. 'That silver one would make a fine trophy, but i want that mutt first.' He thought to himself. He took aim at Sasha.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:48 pm

Sasha flinched as she felt Ember’s touch before whining. Her ears were pinned and her tail tucked. Normally she wouldn’t be as startled by them as she would have better situational awareness but her thoughts were in a downward spiral that threatened to overwhelm her.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:50 pm

The hunter, filled with bitterness and rage slowly pulled the trigger, intending to kill Sasha. as the rifle clicked, Silver heard it at the last moment. The trigger he been pulled. Silver reacted just in time as the bullit ripped through his body. Silver lay on the forest floor, a king, losing his home.

Ember lifted her head quickly as gunshot echoed in the forest. The smell of blood poured into her nostrils. It took only a moment for her to gather what had just happened. Immediately it seemed as though her fur was set on fire in a blaze of rage. Emebr charged the hunter, without hesitation, she ended the human as he knelt. Ember drug the human out of the bushes. She sat next to Silver, a pained howl ripped through the trees. All She could do was watch the life drain slowly from Silver's body.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:16 pm

Sasha yelped at the sound of a gunshot, leaping back with her ears pinned. As she felt the blood splatter across her face she whined. “Why?” she whined. “Why would you do that?”

Misty whined and pushed her head against Silver’s. “You can’t leave me Silver,” she whined. “Please. Please don’t leave me. I can’t do this without you.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next