Private story with Dark Wolf and Admin

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://lfhswritersblock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:03 am

Shadow lifted his muzzle to the air, his nose twitching as it picked up all the scents in the misty air. The shifting wind brought the smell of another wolf and immediately Shadow let loose a howl, his breath spiraling up into the air.

Misty's ears perked as a howl echoed through the trees. Is that... Shadow? she thought. Giving a yip of excitement she howled back a greeting.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:15 am

The cool morning mist filled the forest. Walking silently through the brush, Silver stalked his prey. He found it. A young buck stood in a small clearing in the woods only fifteen yards away. This buck would serve as his food for the next few days. Silver readied himself for the attack. Out of nowhere, a piecing howl ripped through the forest. The deer was alerted and took off upon hearing the howl.
"That damn mongrel." thought Silver. Silver took off after the buck. He had to run it down, he had to catch it.
The buck was inexperienced, he kept running, but it wasn't enough. The buck looked back at the pursuing wolf. In that moment, the buck realized his mistake as he ran into a tree catching himself off guard and bringing his run to a full stop.
Silver saw the opportunity and seized it. He closed the gap and went for the kill.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:24 am

Misty loped through the forest toward her old friend. The trees sped past, smells just glancing thoughts before they were gone with the wind. Much of the forest looked the same, just miles of green and brown in different shades. She had grown up here, she knew every nook and cranny of the forest and all who lived there. Suddenly a flash of white stood out, catching Misty's eye. Startling to a stop she backtracked to where she had seen it. At the edge of the clearing a wolf with a beautiful silver coat stood over a freshly killed buck, the sunlight glinting off of his fur as it shifted with the muscles underneath. Misty tilted her head in slight wonderment. Slowly and silently she ghosted closer to the new wolf. "It's not every day we find a newcomer in these woods," she stated, her eyes shifting to take as much of him in as she could.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:57 am

Blood dripped from his muzzle. Silver was ready to drag his kill back to his den when all f his senses were flooded. He slowly laid the buck on the forest floor. He noticed the smallest sound of leaves rustling. A new sensation filled his nose. This scent was sweet, soft, and piercing.
"If you are going to sneak up on someone, you should consider standing upwind." Silver said with a sigh. He turned to look at his stalker.
He didn't let it show, but the image he saw left him momentarily speechless. Her grey coat with the morning mist stood in contrast with the greens and browns of the forest.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:09 am

Misty huffed out a breath and flicked an ear. "I wasn't trying to sneak up on you," she retorted. "I was merely observing before I confronted a newcomer I had never seen." She lifted her muzzle to sniff for a second before ruffling her fur as the wind blew it back. "So who are you anyway? I've never seen you before."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:22 am

"It doesn't matter who I am." Silver said in a cold tone. "I don't plan to be in these woods long.
Silver returned to his kill. He picked up the buck by the throat and draped it across his back, still holding the buck in his jaws. He began his walk back towards the cave had been staying in.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:47 am

Misty perked up her ears before trotting after him. Well someone's in a bad mood. "Why not? Where'd you come from anyway?" she asked. She weaved in and out of the trees, following the new wolf. Her dark brown eyes tracked his form, mesmerized by the shifting colors of silver and white as the light glinted off his fur. Huffing out a breath, she ran a couple of steps to catch up, taking an easy leap over a fallen tree. "What brought you to the East Woods anyway?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:06 am

Silver heard every footstep the she-wolf made as she followed him. He kept his jaws clenched around his kill. She kept asking questions. Silver thought to himself, "She has a beautiful voice." However he wasn't pleased that she was following him. He just wanted to be left alone. It was becoming clear that she was not going to leave him alone anytime soon and so he kept walking and kept the carcass held tight in his jaws.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:37 am

Misty huffed as the newcomer continued to ignore her. Rude, she thought to herself. Flattening her ears for a second, she loped up to him. Brushing her shoulder against his, she slipped in front of him under his chin, forcing him to stop. "Ok I don't know where you came from but in these woods it's generally considered inconsiderate to ignore someone who's just trying to be nice..." she retorted. She raised her chin, her eyes sharp and glinting as she met his. "So how about you put down that buck for just a second and TALK to me!" she snarled, the tips of her teeth showing for just a second, her ears flattening again and her hackles up.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:02 am

A fire flashed in Silver's eyes. He flung the buck off him with such force that it hit a nearby tree before hitting the ground. His pure white eyes pierced this she-wolf as if he was looking into her soul.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:07 am

Unfazed, Misty raised her chin, eyeing him. “What? You’re going to throw a fit just because someone finally called you out on your bad behavior?” She said, sarcasm thick in her voice. “Fine. Stick to yourself and ignore me. But if you’re trying to stay under the radar this is the stupidest place to be. But you don’t need my help do you?” She snipped over her shoulder as she shook herself out and started walking away, back into the forest.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:19 am

Silver returned to his kill and resumed his trek home. The scent of the she-wolf lingered on his fur. Her eyes burned into his mind, sweet like molasses. This irritated him. Silver didn't care what the stranger thought of him, he just wanted to be left alone, yet his thoughts would go back to her all the way back to his den.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 am

Misty stomped back to her den, snapping at a rabbit that scampered too close. How dare he she snarled in her thoughts. She didn't know why she was so mad at the encounter, he hadn't done anything particularly wrong. But something about him got under her skin and it bothered her that she might...No! Misty shook her head violently, the rest of her body following suit. No more thinking about it. If that no good, arrogant... beautiful... Misty tilted her head whimsically before shaking it and pushing on, ego-driven, loner, asshole of male, doesn't want to see people than he can do what he wants and deal with the consequences. He's not my problem anymore she snarled to herself. She shimmied into her den, easing into her sleeping spot. She laid her head on her paws and sighed before drifting off to sleep.

Shadow's ears perked as a howl echoed through the trees. "Intruder alert on the western perimeter!" it called. Shadow flicked his ears back before turning to one of his packmates. "Go see what it is," he ordered. And I'll go see Misty. She always knows who comes into these forests. Even before I know, he thought.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:57 am

Silver's den was big enough to walk normally into. He tossed the buck off to one corner of the cave. Silver then walked over to the entrance, he pulled at a branch close to the top of the opening, dropping a pile of snow on the ground covering most of the entrance. A stream of light poured through the small opening. He walked over to the buck.
"Alright, come and eat." he said coolly. There was a chilling echo in the cave. Two pair of beady eyes pranced out of the darkness. Even in the dim light, the bright red fur flashed. A pair of fox kits, excited to see Silver and food, rushed over to him. The kits began to tear at the carcass while Silver waited for them to eat their fill.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Misty lifted her head, listening to the wolf howls that filled the forest as the pack searched the forest for the intruder's scent. Sighing, Misty heaved herself up onto her paws and stretched. Here comes the cavalry she thought. That newcomer is going to have a hard time staying hidden when the whole pack is out to find him. Especially with that freshly killed buck smell.

Shadow loped easily through the forest, running along the well worn path to Misty's den, set just outside the border of his territory. I don't understand why she can't just stay with the pack where she belongs, he huffed.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Silver licked his chops after eating his fill of deer meat. He walked over to the dark corner and lay down as the fox kits played off to the side. As soon as they saw him lay down, the fox kits began jumping on Silver, tugging at his ears. This didn't last long. Soon, both kits began to yawn as they cuddled next to Silver. He watched them as they fell asleep, content with full stomachs. Silver was in and out of sleep, always keeping his ears open and aware of his surroundings.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:40 pm

Shadow stopped outside Misty's den. "Misty," he barked. "Can you come out please? You know I can't fit through your den entrance."

Misty ducked her head before easing herself out of her den, snickering. "That's the point Shadow. You know I like my privacy," she said.

Shadow ruffled his scruff in exasperation. "I need to know about the newcomer in the woods," he said.

Misty froze for a second before huffing out a breath. "I don't know what you mean Shadow," she said. "I haven't seen any newcomers lately."

Shadow bared his teeth and flicked his ears back for a second. "Misty don't lie to me. You know everything that goes on in these woods," he huffed.

Misty's eyes hardened. "I don't answer to you Shadow," she snarled. "And you certainly have no right to talk to me in that tone. What I know is my business. If you want to know who that newcomer is and what he's planning on doing here then find out yourself." At that she turned and went into her den, flicking her tail at Shadow on her way out.

The wolf howls moved farther toward the western edge of the High Moon territory. Following the scent of the intruder's scent and freshly killed buck.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:01 pm

Silver heard the howls coming from out of the cave. He walked over and covered the rest of the opening with snow so that no light or air could pass through. He hunkered back down with the kits, wrapping a protective tail around them. Soon the weather would breakdown his trail. He held no fear of others, but he held no desire to interact either. He would leave at dawn the next day.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Misty waited until Shadow had disappeared from all senses. Why am I doing this? she thought. Why am I protecting someone I just met? Least of all someone who was so rude to me. Walking to the back of her cave, she trotted through the secret tunnel she had found under her cave. The tunnels connected the entire forest, spitting out exits at random points in the territory. She took the one that led to the western side of the area. Reaching the exit she caught wind of a dying doe, injured by some hunter earlier that morning. She loped over to it, quickly ending its life by tearing her teeth through an artery. I must be the stupidest wolf alive, she thought to herself. Lying to Shadow like that and covering this male’s tracks like some lovesick pup.. She dragged the doe’s body along, following the newcomer’s scent. When she was almost on top of him, his scent burning a path through her nose, the pack members came running into her path, yipping and yelping in surprise.

“Misty!” One of them said. “What are you doing here? Have you seen the newcomer? We lost his scent when we ran into you”

That’s because you’re incompetent hunters, Misty thought. “I’m just bringing food home to my den,” she stated, her voice the picture of innocence. “Sorry you lost his scent. But I’m afraid I can’t help you. Maybe you could try further toward the inner territory?”

The wolves watched her for a moment, heads tilted sideways. “Sure. Good idea Misty. Thanks.” At that they all turned and headed away.

Misty heaved out sigh. Glad that’s over, she thought. She lifted her head to the forest, sweeping her gaze around the trees. “You can come out now,” she said, her nose twitching as it caught his scent on the wind. “My sense of smell is way better than those numbskulls so I know you’re around here somewhere.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Shadow heard the voices from outside his den. He looked down at the kits. 'They are sleeping. Best not to wake them.' he thought to himself. He stood slowly. Silver walked slowly and lightly to the entrance without making a sound. He sat silently, listening. All the voices fainted away, except for one. It was that of the she-wolf. He wasn't sure how to react. A mix of emotions came over him. He wanted to see her again, but he couldn't risk the safety of the kits. He listened for the she-wolf to leave the area.
A small yip came from the back of the cave. Silver let out a breath. The scent outside would disappear in the winter weather, but sound would give them away. He braced himself, knowing that if any pack wolf found the kits, he would have to fight to protect them.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Misty sighed. Still ignoring me, she thought. She looked down at the doe carcass. “Look. I know you don’t like me. And you don’t trust me. I get that. But there’s no reason to not take advice when it is given. This place that you’re staying? It’s not safe. You’re inside the territory markers and they’re going to find you eventually. I don’t know what you’re doing here but for some reason I actually want to help you despite your horrible attitude. Theres a clearing a few lengths away. I’ll come back everyday around high sun. If you would like my help then meet me there. If not....” Misty sighed. “Then if you don’t come by the next full moon in five nights time then I’ll assume you have moved on.” Misty paused for a second, her eyes and ears straining to pick up some sign he was listening. “Goodbye, whoever you are.” Hanging her head, Misty huffed out a breath before turning and trotting back to the tunnels.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:35 pm

The fox kit let out another yip. She nuzzled Silver then began pawing at the snow. "Come young one." Silver said. "It's not safe."
The kit pawed until a small hole was made in the snow. Her tiny muzzle pushed through as Silver picked her up and moved her from the entrance. While his head was down, he caught a glimpse of the she-wolf. Her scent poured into the cave. As he set the kit down, she scampered off to the entrance again and let out a yup.
"Don't go trying to pick a fight, young one, stay with your sister." Silver said quietly. The kit lay next to her sister and stared at the snow.

Last edited by Dark Wolf on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:39 pm

Misty’s ears flicked as she heard the tiniest of sounds coming from far away. She paused, her head tilted listening. Just as she was beginning to think she imagined it and started to continue walking she heard it again. The tiniest little yip. Is that a.... pup? she thought. She turned back around, her sharp eyes scanning the trees over and over again as she looked for some sign, her ears perked up and forward.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Both kits were awake now. The second saw what the first was doing and decided to join in. Both yipping through hole in the snow, pawing at it, making it larger. Silver moved them out of the way and sat in front of the entrance.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum