Writer's Block Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

2 posters

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:31 pm

"Is that her name?" Silver asked coolly. "She is safe. But you have a choice to make that will determine your own safety." Silver approached the smaller darker wolf and circled around him. He stayed calm and collected. His voice firm and strong. He stoped in front of the strange wolf, nearly towering over him.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Post by Admin Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Shadow's ears flicked back in slight surprise but hid his rising hackles. "Where is she?" he snarled, his teeth shining light grey in the pitch blackness of the cave. The darkness seemed to blend with Shadow, making him seem bigger than he appears in the light.

Misty heard Shadow's snarl echo through the caves and took a step forward, almost going to him. Though, to defend who, she wasn't sure. Sighing, she laid down and curled the kits close to her stomach, safely surrounded by her fluffy grey-veined silver tail.

Admin
Admin

https://lfhswritersblock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:25 pm

"Let this sink in, Pup." Silver sternly. "I've been here seven days, and you just figured it out today. Even the she-wolf, Misty is it? Yes, smart one, she is. Even she didn't know until today." Silver stood up and leaned in, his face came close to the darker wolf. "I suggest you calm down and talk civilly. I'm out of your league, especially one on one." Silver's eyes burned into the mongel's only a short distance away.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:30 pm

Shadow's lip raised further. "I am no pup," he snarled. "I am the alpha of this pack and I want you off of my territory. Now"

Misty's muscles trembled with the strain of not going to Shadow and talking some sense into him, maybe biting some into him too. But she stayed and kept licking the kits silent. I can't betray his trust, she thought. Not when I have finally just carved a sliver of it

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:39 pm

A new sound filled the cave. Laughter. "Alright Alpha, I challenge you for control of your pack and of your territory." He spoke loud enough to fill the cave with his words. "We must have a witness as is custom of all packs."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Shadow’s hackles rose and a loud rumble started in his chest. How dare he! he thought. “When and where,” he snarled. “And the witness has to be present to see the challenge. And I don’t see Misty.”

Misty sat frozen as she heard the challenging growl. No she thought. Please no. Her ears flicked faster and she whined while licking the kits to keep them quiet.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:19 pm

"Tomorrow, here, when the sun reaches highest in the sky. Bring your entire pack." Silver maintained his calm composure, letting the alpha work up his own temper. "Unless you want to settle this now. In your state, you wouldn't last very long at all.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:22 pm

“Fine,” Shadow snarled. “But you will release Misty to me during the challenge. She is part of this pack.” Turning on his paws Shadow snapped at the wolf’s fur before storming out of the cave and sprinting home, running off the anger boiling his blood.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Before the wolf made it to the entrance, Silver reacted. The wolf was pinned to the cave floor with Silver's milk white teeth at his throat, revealing the true size difference between the two wolves. The sound echoed throughout the cave. Silver still maintained his steady breathing as he gave a death stare to the now pinned alpha. His eyes were piercing daggers of controlled rage. "Now get out of my den." demanded Silver as he let up off the alpha.

Last edited by Dark Wolf on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:57 pm

Shadow’s hackles rose for a second as he bared his teeth before leaving, his claws digging into the forest floor as he ran.

Misty whimpered as she heard a snap echo through the cave. She didn’t know who it came from and she didn’t know who she wanted it to come from. Her thoughts churned, causing her ears to flick as wildly as her thoughts. She focused on licking the kits quiet as she waited anxiously, her body trembling.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:02 pm

Silver cleared the snow from the entrance, letting the light back into the cave. "It's okay to come out." Silver said assuringly. He won't be back until tomorrow.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:07 pm

Misty looked up with a feeling of immense relief. Carefully she pulled her tail back to reveal the two fox kits curled up next her sleeping. She tilted her head sideways, her ear flopping over as she watched him. “Why’d you challenge him?” she asked. “I thought you didn’t want to stay here?”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:04 pm

"He needs to be Put In his place." Silver stated. "What sort of Alpha acts like a child?" Silver paused.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:03 pm

Misty flicked her ear back once, her nervous tic finally calming down. “The kind that was betrayed and lost all that he had all at once,” she whispered, so softly she could scarcely hear herself. Licking the kits one last time she looked up at the beautiful and brave wolf she had met, her eyes holding endless sorrows that were hidden so quickly it was almost as if they were never there. “I know you do not wish for me to know your name,” she said, her eyes pleading with him as she stared into those mesmerizing white eyes. “But please, let me help keep you and these kits safe. Just for tonight. You trusted me before and I’m asking you to trust me now....” Misty knew she was practically begging but she wanted, needed to help this wolf. If she was never going to see him again she needed to at least make sure he was safe, and do this one thing for him.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:18 pm

"I don't care how he became that way." Silver began. "I've seen his soul. He knows nothing. What sort of Alpha eats before his pups?" There was disdain in his voice for the mongrel. Then, his tone changed. His tone became nearly gentle, also as though he conceded defeat. "I won't stop you from coming and going as you please."
Silver paused. He wasn't sure if he was ready for her to know his name, in case his reputation had spread to these parts. His name had become stories told to pups in the north. It was possible that the eastern packs had learned of him as well, the last pack had.
"My name is Silver. Also known as Silver of the Northern Pack."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:32 pm

Misty froze upon hearing his name. Her ears started flickering as she remembered that various stories that had trickled down from travelers on the main trails. They were horrible stories, filled with treachery and murder and exile. But suddenly her ears stilled and her face blanked as she dealt with a sudden internal struggle. She looked at this beautiful, strong male that had risked his life and his reputation to save two innocent fox kits most wolves would have killed without a second thought. She eyed the deep scar that parted his fur and his scratched up paws, evidence that his life was not an easy one. She contemplated his tense, almost aloof stature as he sat there, his fur shifting as the muscles moved under his skin and thought about the pain that he must have experienced to become this distant. She reflected on how he had protected her from Shadow even though he didn't fully trust her or know who she was. No, she thought. This isn't the wolf they speak of in the stories. Not completely. There is a good side to him. I know it, I've seen it. Coming to this conclusion, Misty raised her eyes, her gaze locking with his.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:14 am

Silver saw the confliction in Misty's eyes. "Not all the stories are true." He said. "I almost never kill excpet for food. The bear, that happened, two winters ago. It was a hard victory, I didn't come out without injury." Silver looked at Misty. She seemed to be in a trance. "You don't have to worry about tomorrow, I won't kill him."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:24 am

That's not what I'm worried about, Misty thought, surprising herself as she realized the true reason she didn't want the challenge to go on tomorrow. Yes she was worried about Shadow, her history with him went way back, but there was more to it. I'm worried about Silver, she thought with disbelief. I'm worried he'll get hurt tomorrow in the fight. She flicked her ears once, twice, three times, not even realizing the nervous habit anymore, not that anyone else did either. They just saw it as one more oddity to the loner wolf that lived outside pack bounds but was still favored by the alpha above all others. She swished her tail through the dust of the cave, still captivated by those eyes of his. "I know," she said softly. "And I know you can take care of yourself but this cave is no longer hidden. And some of the pack mates will dislike that you challenged Shadow. Him and his family are well respected in that pack. They have been the Alphas for generations. Please Silver, let me take you and the kits somewhere safe tonight."

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:30 am

Silver thought about it. "No," came his reply. This is where the challenge will take place, I will stay here. No one will be foolish enough to come here before a challenge. If they do, I will decimate them as I did the pack that killed my family." Captivated by her gaze, Silver added. *Then, I shall claim you as mine."
One of the kits looked up at Misty. "Mama." She piped, then curled closer to Misty.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:34 am

Misty's eyes widened in shock as she stared down at the little kit. "Oh sweetheart," she said, nuzzling the kit's fur. "I'm not your mommy baby. But I'll do my best to protect you while you're here." Misty looked up at Silver, her eyes sad. "Are you sure? You could stay in my den, it's safe there. I don't like the thought of you three out here by yourselves." Her ears started nervously flicking at the thought.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:27 am

The kit looked at Misty. "Mama." She squeaked again.
He watched the kits with Misty, amused that she woukf try to explain that to the young kit. Silver spoke. "If I am to fight for this territory, this territory is where I'll stay. You are free to come and go as you please." Silver stated. Silver laid down, placing his head on his forelegs, he began to drift asleep.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:28 am

Misty sighed, knowing she wouldn’t win this fight. She picked up the kits and walked in a circle before lying down. She placed both kits in the inner circle of her paws and carefully curled her tail around them, cocooning them safely. She gave each of them a gently lick before lying her head next to them. She flicked her ears once before her breathing settling into a steady rhythm of sleep.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:18 am

A rustle came from outside the cave. Silver lifted his head and looked around. Misty and the kits were still asleep. He walked over to the moonlit entrance. Two new scents were on the breeze. Silver spoke loud enough to be heard, but soft enough to avoid waking Misty. "Come and face me. I know you are there." Silver's voice was stern and severe. Two wolves from the pack appeared from the bushes, both showing their teeth. "I was expecting you." Silver laughed. "Come." Silver challenged both of them at once. They were completely out classed and the fight was over quickly. Silver sat on the smaller one while holding the larger wolf by the throat in his head. He gave both challengers a dagger-like piercing stare. Then he let them go with a message. "Tell your pack, if you try this again, I will destroy your pack entirely." At that he chased them off. Upon returning to the den, he found Misty and the kits had slept through it all. He was content at the sight. Silver continued to stand guard throughout the night.

Last edited by Dark Wolf on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:15 am

Sunlight streamed through the entrance of the cave when Misty woke the next morning. Shifting slightly she yawned, a slight whine accompanying it. Both kits were still curled safely under her tail, the sunlight sparkling off their coats turning them a beautiful fiery red. Misty shook her head, gently stretching each muscle to avoid waking the kits before yawning again. It was a beautiful morning, the perfect day for hunting as many of the animals were out enjoying the good weather as the snow started to melt. Misty sighed, way too good of a morning to have a challenge with wolves fighting and getting hurt, she thought. Looking around the cave she could see the ring of disturbed earth that showed the spot where Silver had slept during the night. Perking her ears up Misty lifted her nose to smell. Slightly frustrated that she couldn’t move but not wanting to disturb the sleeping kits. Where is he? she thought.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:06 am

As the daylight crept in, Silver entered the den holding two plump rabbits. He set them next to the remains of the buck. "Here, eat your fill." He told Misty. "You will need your strength today."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next