Writer's Block Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

2 posters

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest - Page 14 Empty Re: PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Post by Admin Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:12 am

Krix jerked back his head at Silver’s declaration. “Oh hell no,” he snarled. “I may accept your position of king but I am not your lackey. I am not letting those two anywhere near my pack. I am not Misty, Silver. I don’t just blindly trust those two will learn manners before they cause serious damage in my head and unlike the others I’m not willing to risk mine. Do what you want with your packs but leave mine out of it.” Krix shook his head, looking at the wolves he had heard speak comments. “And if you’re upset because I’m undermining you then you know where I am,” he stated plainly. With that Krix turned, shaking his head slightly at the events that had happened. Silver liked fulfilling these challenges and harming wolves way too much for his liking. He was way too proud of his ability to harm others and it made Krix wary. He wasn’t stupid enough to challenge him but he would keep his pack as far away from Silver as possible. The only one Silver needed to interact with was him. Krix faltered for a second as he automatically looked for Clover until he remembered that she had a new home now, and a new pack. He closed his eyes briefly before continuing, ignoring the looks from the wolves around him. Say and think what you want, he thought. There’s a reason I kept my pack away from you parasites anyway.

Misty touched her nose to Silver’s briefly as she watched Krix walk away, back to the tunnels. “Not everyone is won over the same way,” she said, her voice soft.

Admin
Admin

https://lfhswritersblock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest - Page 14 Empty Re: PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Post by Dark Wolf Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:01 pm

"Gila, Fenic, heal them quickly, please." Silver requested. The two immediately got to work. Those That were broken were made new as though the wounds were never there. Silver looked to Misty. "That may be so, but he is only trying to keep his own pride. Everything he does is for his pride and the pride of his parents. Barron isn't wrong about the destruction of his pack. If he doesn't make the hard choice, it is going to make him."
"Are you not going after him?" Asked Runner. "His blatant disrespect."
Silver looked at Runner. "I don't fight broken opponents. He is free to do as he wills, even if it leads to his own destruction, that being said, his pack needs to be watched. Should anything happen. The two of you will be the first ones in to rescue the Darastrix Pack. After the damage you have caused."

Tortaro slipped away from clearing. He headed east following the broken spirit of Krix. It didnt take him long to track down where he went. "There is a great conflict raging inside of you." Tortaro said bluntly as he approached Krix. "Your will is strong, but your spirit is broken."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Misty shook her head. “This is not just about pride Silver,” she said, her voice soft so only Silver and Ember could hear. “He’s right about one thing, you’ve been in exile a long time. You don’t know all of the inner workings of every pack. Bringing the Darastrix Pack into the light could cause a lot of damage there. Though some wolves, especially the she-wolves, think Krix is some mysterious, attractive stranger,” Misty rolled her eyes at this, “there are many others that see him and his pack as abomination. Just ask Clover, she was walking behind him.” Misty raised her voice to call to Clover. “Clover come here for a second. You were behind Krix, do you remember why his expression might have turned so stony as he walked to the great oak?” she asked, her voice concealing the meaning of the question.

Krix sighed, not wanting to deal with some therapeutic talk about the spirits. “There is much many would consider broken about me Great One,” he said. “I have long since accepted this.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:35 pm

Clover joined the throne. "My Queen, it was the jeers of the Southern Packs.
"The Southern Packs no longer pose a threat to the Darastrix Pack. Now the only threat is Krix not standing up to do what needs to be done for his pack. I have no desire to take the Darastrix Pack. Krix would be an excellent Alpha if he swallows his pride and stops hiding. But that is for him to decidel."
"My King," started Clover. "This p-pack is for the broken and rej-j-jected. I may have st-started as a spy, but my loyalties are to both now. Krix is, if he ever wakes to it, con-nected to me and I to him. He is proud, that much is t-true. B-but, when he sh-shuts down like th-this, noth-thing will g-get through to him." Clover took on an expression of sorrow. Not even she had been able to get through to him in all the moons she was with him. She feared he would never awake to her.

Tortaro read Krix with ease. Besides his experience and his own spiritual gift, patience and knowledge, Tortaro took a harsh tone. "You must be the most ignorant and foolhardy wolf I have ever met.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:27 am

Krix whipped around, his hackles raised. "Then I'll give my pack to Silver!" he snapped, his voice echoing loud enough to reach Misty and the others in the central clearing.

Misty looked over at Silver, shocked. "Silver...?" she said, concern filling her voice.

Krix sighed, shaking his head. "If everyone thinks I'm such a stupid and pride filled wolf that can't protect my pack- yes I've heard what Silver and the others been saying, not just the Southern Packs- then I'll just give command of the Darastrix Pack to Silver. Obviously I'm not fit to rule them and all I've ever wanted to do was give them the best life they deserve. If giving them to Silver gives them that life then I'll bring them there right now," he said, his eyes completely serious as he held Tortaros' gaze steadily. "This pack is my family. But I think you and I both know that sometimes being with your family is not the best thing for you. So if it protects them for me to leave then I will."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:56 am

"You have not been listening. You hear, but you don't listen." Tortaro said shaking his head. "Silver wants you specifically on the counsel of leaders. Silver wants you specifically as Alpha of your Pack. He sees in you, possibly more so than he has seen in the other Alphas, the potential to take the Darastrix Pack and not only lead them out of the shadows, but create in them, with them, and for them the greatest pack in this forest." Tortaro saw his expression. "Yes, a pack of broken wolves can become the greatest. But, if you are unwilling to allow yourself that healing along with your pack, there is nothing anyone can do for you." Tortaro turned to leave Krix with his thoughts. He stopped for a moment. "And, one other thing for you to think about. Silver takes no pride or not in hurting others. In a fight, what joy he finds is in the challenge. Today's fight was the most wolves he has fought at one time. There are only two in this forest able to keep up with him, that pose a challenge to him, Barron and Myself. He has defeated Barron, but even in my old years, he still has yet to beat me. He will challenge me again one day, maybe he will win, who knows. The point is, what sort of wolf are you and what sort of wolf do you want to be? Will you buckle under the stress of a new challenge? Or, will you rise to the challenge, find joy in your workmanship, and become the great leader that this throne knows you are capable of?"
At that, Tortaro left Krix alone and returned to the clearing.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:22 am

Krix hissed out a breath of frustration, pacing a quick second before looking where Tortaro left. "He can't honestly think these packs would ever accept the Darastrixes," he muttered. "They may listen to him because he is strong and king but that does not mean they'll accept us. They just won't say anything to his face." He huffed, stalking another pace. "I promised them they wouldn't get hurt by the packs again, even emotionally." Krix sighed and laid his head against the trunk of a tree. "I promised them," he whispered, his voice barely audible.

"Silver we have to go talk to him," Misty pleaded with Silver, her eyes holding his. "Not as Alphas, not as the Throne, as wolves, as his friends. Silver please, he's hurting and he doesn't know what to do."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:15 pm

"Alright, my Love." Silver conceded. "Clover, you will come too. Something tells me he will need you most of all."
"I w-was going to go an-nyway." Clover stated.
"I'll go too, I suppose." Stated Ember. She still didn't like Krix for his behavior towards Silver and Misty, but if Silver was going to maintain his patience, she could not justify losing hers. "Alright, my Queen." Ember said shortly "Lead the way."

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:37 pm

Misty glanced over her shoulder at them before turning to follow Krix's scent. She moved as if holding herself back, her stride faltering as if she wanted to run but didn't dare to appear hurried. "Krix?" she called as his scent became stronger. When she entered one of the massive caves in the territory she stopped dead. Inside Krix was pacing, his steps routine, always placing in the same positions, his eyes unfocused as if they weren't seeing what he was doing. His ears were the only thing flickering back and forth, listening to things that weren't there. His forehead was scrunched as if he was thinking about something that was worrying him. Misty's eyes saw a flash of red and when she looked down her breath caught. A trail of bright red followed Krix's path. He had been pacing consistently and his paws had been cut so bad they were soaking the ground with his blood. Misty looked over at Silver, her eyes filled with shock and concern. The last time Krix had done this was when his mother had died, leaving him alone to support the pack, just as a one year old. He had paced for hours, not eating or drinking, and no one could pull him out of it until a full day and a half had passed. It had only stopped when the moon flared that following night, reflecting in his eyes. Krix had given a deep sigh before his muscles had relaxed, collapsing him into a sleeping ball where he had slept for another day, waking up to Misty tending to his ripped and torn paws. The pads on his feet still held the scars from that day. "I knew something was wrong," Misty cried. "I could feel it in my heart. I knew his heart was hurting. His pack is his family, and to think he can't protect them. To think he couldn't keep them safe and do the one thing his mother had asked of him... " Misty whined, her heart hurting with Krix's.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Silver reacted instantly. "Ember, go get Gila and Fenic, brig them here. Also tell Ether to send his two strongest flyers to bring water from the Healing pool in the Desert Oasis."
Ember was off, she ran as fast as she could back to the clearing, pushing a few wolves out of her way. Once the rest saw who it was, they made a clear path for her. She delivered the message to Ether who sent the twin Hawks to carry water back to the directed place. Fenic rushed with Ember while Gila held onto Ember's fur.
Upon arrival, Gila and Fenic looked Krix over between his pacing. "We can heal his body, but his spirit, it's just too far gone for even us." Said Gila.
"The poor fool, too much pride to ask for help when he needs it." Said Fenic. Being old in years, he had seen too many wolves break in a similar way.
"He's not too far gone." Responded Silver. "He needs to remember what he has here, both those who care about his well being, those who depend on him, and those opportunities that await him in the future." Silver looked at Clover. "The water will calm his mind, it is up to you to remind him of what he already has. You and Misty." Silver had looked into Krix's soul, it was filled by Clover's soul, she could break through to him, but he had to be calm first. Misty's bond to him was as family, she too could reach him. Silver was determined to bring true healing to Krix, thus saving him and his pack.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 pm

Misty looked over at Silver. "The last time he was like this his mother had just entrusted the pack to him as she took her last breath," she said softly. "No one was able to reach him. Then his eyes had glowed blue like the spirits and he just, fell asleep. Perhaps we could ask his mother for help once more? He was always closest to her." Misty watched as Krix paced, somehow managing to seem both desperate and at complete calm at the same time. "What are we going to do?" she whispered. She knew that this was how Krix coped but she hated that she couldn't help him. Once he had healed Krix had described to her that he was in almost a self-made prison where he tried to find whatever he was looking for. That he went through vision after vision and had no real recollection of pacing or anything; to him, the world he was seeing was real. She didn't know how to pull him out of it and she couldn't even protect his paws or anything from further damage until he stopped pacing. Sending a short glare over her shoulder at Fenic she huffed out a breath. Everyone gossiped that the Darastrix Pack was filled with wolves that had issues and that Krix was the only normal one there. If they knew that he had this habit they would say he was as insane and as broken as the rest of them and she didn't want that. He didn't deserve that. She was sick of wolves saying that everything he did was for pride. Did he make some mistakes? Yes. But everything he did was to protect his pack and for years the Forest Packs were the enemy. Seeing them as anything else wasn't just simply accepted easily. Misty turned her head from them, focusing on Krix, looking for anything that would allow her to reach him.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:30 pm

Clover and Gila approached Krix. Gila gave him a quick bite, her venom focused on healing the physical wounds. Krix didn't seem to even notice.
"Krix, oh Krix. What has happened to you?" Clover had only seen a glimpse of this behavior from Krix, but she's never seen him get this bad.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:31 pm

Krix was trotting through a forest, following some unknown scent through a fog. He was searching for something, that much he knew, though what he was searching for he couldn’t tell you. Suddenly an echo of a voice slipped through the fog. He stopped instantly, ears perking, trying to catch another bit of the beautiful sound.

Misty stared over at Clover in shock, glancing from Krix to her and back again. The moment she had spoken Krix had stopped his pacing, his eyes still glazed over but his ears perked as if listening for something, his head tilted slightly. “Clover,” she said, her voice barely a whisper, unable to take her eyes off Krix and not wanting to ruin the progress they’ve made. “Say something again.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:33 pm

"Krix, come back to us. Come back to me." Clover pleaded.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:39 pm

Krix's head turned to track Clover's voice, his nostrils flaring as his glazed eyes flickered back and forth. Every part of him was still as if waiting for something.
        Krix took a step further into the fog, wanting to hear more of that voice. Whatever he was searching for was still tugging at him, wanting him to find it, but it didn't seem as important right now. The voice was calling to him, something deep inside begging him to follow it, a call stronger than the distant, unknown beckoning. This call felt almost like... home. Something he hadn't felt since he had lost his mother. His eyes flicked back and forth, looking at the fog, trying to find the source of the voice.

Misty watched in awe as Krix took a step towards them, off of his path. No, she thought. Not towards us. Towards her. "It's you," she whispered. "I'd bet my bond he's searching for you Clover. His soul knows it lost something and it pulled him there trying to find it within the chaos. He just doesn't know what it is he's searching for. Keep talking to him. Guide him home."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:48 pm

Clover looked at the others. She desperately wanted Krix to return. "Krix, follow my voice, I'm here. We all are. Come home! Come home!"

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:25 pm

Krix took another step. With each word the fog parted around him in his mind and his paws took him closer to Clover, his eyes still partially glazed. His eyes flickered wildly but his ears stayed perked straight up, following her voice.
Krix's eyes searched the fog. He knew the voice was important but he just couldn't find it. Suddenly frustrated he took two bounds forward and his nose touched a fur as soft as a newborn pup. Stopping dead in his tracks he blinked his eyes, the fog clear from his mind as he stared into the most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen, his soul sighing in contentment. "Clover?" he whispered, his eyes flicking over her, searching her eyes. A sharp pain spiked through his paws and he winced, pinning his ears back for a second. His ears flicked back and forth, searching for the sound he had been following.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:56 pm

"I'm here, Krix, you stubborn fool." Clover said desperately. "Don't scare me like that again." Embraced Krix with everything she had hoping to snap him back to his right mind. "It's time for you to come home. It was then two hawks flew in carrying a large leaf full of water.
"Drink this, Krix." Silver spoke. "It will bring healing."
Clover also pleaded with Krix to drink. She wanted him back, all of him.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:01 am

Krix breathed in deep, inhaling Clover's scent as her neck wrapped around his. His body shivered from both physical pain and soul contentment. For the first time since his mother's death he felt like he had finally found what he had been chasing his whole life, like he could finally relax. Krix ignored the hawks and Silver as he pushed away the pain and the worry and focused on what his soul was begging him to admit. "I love you," he whispered, his voice barely audible.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:04 am

"Krix," Clover was in tears. "Just shut up and drink the water." Clover wrapped her neck around Krix, holding him close. She feared that if she let go, he would be lost again.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:09 am

Krix tightened his hold on Clover. Nibbling her ear gently he gave a small, tired smile. "I can't drink holding you like this sweetie," he said, his voice teasing but soft. To dissuade her from using his words to pull away he held her tighter. "Give me a moment," he whispered. "I'm right where I belong. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize it."

Misty wanted to go and make sure Krix was ok but she knew this was there moment. She wouldn't interfere as much as she wanted to go. She turned into Silver, letting out a shuttering breath, her worry over Krix still having a hold on her heart.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:14 am

"He's a stubborn one." Said Silver quietly to Misty, "but has the potential to be one of the greatest alphas this forest has ever known."
Clover held on tight for a while longer, then she gently led Krix to the water.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:18 am

Misty sighed. "If only you can get the rest of the packs to give him a chance and get him to take that chance," she responded, her voice slightly sad.

Krix winced as he lowered himself to the ground of the cave, his muscles shuttering as the skin on the paws of his pads pulled, stretching the wounds. His shredded paws weeped blood, turning the cave rocks a dark red. Krix let out a deep sigh, resting his head on the ground, his eyes full of exhaustion.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:26 am

Gila looked at his paws. "A few more should do the trick." She bit him four times, once at each paw. The sounds began to heal rapidly. Clover laid next to him.
Silver and Ember gave Misty affection in order to bring her some peace of mind. "He is going to be fine." They assured her.
Fenic sniffer around Krix. "You stubborn prideful pup," he laughed "reminds me of myself in my younger moons. Maybe one day, I'll share my story with you, young wolf. For now, just rest. Looks like you are in good paws." Fenic looked at Clover then back at Krix. With a bow, he returned the Gila's side.

Dark Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:31 am

Krix kept his muscles tensed, trying to stay awake and alert and strong like his pack needed but the moment Gila and Fenic stepped back exhaustion overtook him and on his next exhale he was out, his muscles relaxing into sleep.

Misty lowered herself to the cave floor, shimmying her way closer to gently touch her nose to his before licking his ear, careful not to wake him up. She looked up to meet Clover's gaze. "Thank you," she said. "Thank you for bringing him back to me."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next