PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Re: PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Post by Dark Wolf on Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:36 pm

Ember found some comfort in Misty's words. Her fur reflected it as it flickered slower. It wouldn't be long before they reached the Sands.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:24 pm

Sasha leaped up the next morning and pranced over to Jack's room and pounced on his bed, yelping in surprise when he wasn't there. Immediately she leaped off and found him in his office working on his computer. She slunk over to his chair and laid her head on his thigh, looking up at him and letting out a whine. Jack startled, something that instantly raised Sasha's flags as Jack was not a man that startled easily, if ever. Sasha whined again and Jack put his hand on her head, rubbing her ears. "Hey there girl, what are you..." Jack glanced at the clock then turned his whole focus on Sasha. "Aw I'm sorry girl, is it time to get up already?" After a huff from Sasha in response he ruffled her fur. "I'm sorry for ruining your routine there Sasha," he said. "Alright you ready for our run?" Sasha looked at him for a minute, her head tilted sideways as she studied him. "Sasha, I'm fine. Are you ready? I mean we could stay here..." Sasha immediately barked in protest. "Then let's go," he said, laughing. Sasha loped out after him but her thoughts were filled with what had happened in Jack's office. Because as she had glanced at him when they were leaving, she had seen a searchbar filled with the word 'shifter' in the forefront of his computer screen.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://lfhswritersblock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:35 pm

As soon as the group reached the oasis, Ember entered the water. She was nervous but wanted to get this over with so bad that she had barely said anything to Silver and Misty before hand. The waters took her to a frozen wasteland.
As soon as Ember hit the water, Silver and Misty's connection with her clouded their eyes. They saw everything she did. They felt what she felt. Cold and lonely. Silver hadn't felt this worried since Misty's Spirit Walk. He kept Misty close to him, they had to remain strong for Ember's sake.

A small falcon spotted a dog and human enter the forest, running for no apparent reason. The falcon swooped down and flew around the pair. "You must be the hound everyone in the forest is taking about." Spoke the falcon. "The one who made it possible for all of us to be saved. You can call me Claw."

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:49 pm

Misty sat, curling her tail around her paws and closing her eyes as her spirit reached out with Ember's. She called to her pack's ancestors to protect Ember on her journey. "You're not alone Ember," she whispered. "We're right here. Come home to us."

Both Jack and Sasha drew up short as a falcon swooped in front of them. Sasha yelped in surprise before standing in front of Jack, her tongue out as she panted. "I'm not saving anyone," she said, in between pants. "And do you believe this is wise? Conversing with me in front of a human?" Sasha's ears pinned for a second. "Apparently I need to set down some ground rules with Silver," she grumbled. Louder she replied to the falcon. "I understand you all think I'm some great person that is going to stop this war but I am not some celebrity. Now go act like a falcon before you give any more away to my human. And tell Silver I need to talk to him as soon as he is able," she said before barking loudly twice as she stood her ground in front of Jack, appearing to protect him.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:16 pm

"My eyes do not deceive me. I saw what you have done for this forest." Stated Claw. "I can see everything in this forest while I am in the skies. No one sent me, I came to offer you my and your human my aid when needed."

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:21 pm

Sasha pinned her ears back uncomfortably as she watched the falcon. Mumbling under her breath she glanced back at Jack, her tongue still hanging out as she panted. "You need to go," she said. "I don't know if you know what I am but my human can not know."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Claw perched himself on Jack's shoulder, careful not to pierce him with his talons. Claw looked at Sasha. "He already knows what you are. A hero!" Claw declared as he flew off into the trees.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:37 pm

Jack winced as the falcon's weight settled onto his shoulder then the talons dug in slightly when he took off. Sasha barked after him but said no words. He doesn't know what he's talking about, she thought as they resumed their run home. I'm no hero. I'm just a halfbreed mutt with no real place in this world trying to make up for all I've done. These thoughts didn't stop Sasha from looking back once to watch Claw's retreating form.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:57 pm

Ember weathered the first two tests. Her strength and emotional control were tested. Her thoughts went to Silver and Misty which helped her through them. She soon, however, found herself walking in a familiar forest. From the outside, Silver and Misty would not recognize this forest. As Ember felt the needles under her paws and the cold icy breeze, she began to panic. She didn't want to see this again.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:02 pm

Misty's spirit itched to go to Ember and aid her in this quest though she knew she must stay back and let Ember get through this on her own. She turned to Silver, rubbing her head into his shoulder, drawing strength from his scent.

Once Sasha and Jack got home she moved through their daily routine without being there. She was so out of it that Jess even paused and crouched in front of her and looked into her eyes. "Sasha?" she asked, concern in her voice. "Are you alright girl? What's wrong?" Sasha blinked a couple of times and woofed before stepping forward to lick Jess' cheek. Ultimately it didn't convince her much because though she laughed and stepped back, she continued to glance over at Sasha throughout the morning.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:14 pm

Ember looked on in horror. This was the forest she was born in. Frantically, she began to run.her heart raced and almost all of the the glow in her fur was gone. Suddenly voices began to creep up on her. "Who are you?" These voices sounded over nd over again. All Ember could do was weep for the memories that led to here.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:56 am

With all of Ember's anxiety and fear seeping through the mate bond Misty couldn't handle it anymore. She pushed herself to her feet and immediately started pacing, trying to work off all the nervous energy spirling through her. "Ember," she said, her voice a mix between a groan and a whine, her heart hurting her the longer she had to sit here and ignore Ember's soul's cry for help. How in the world did silver stand this, she thought.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:27 am

Silver stood frozen. He felt the full force of both Ember's anxiety and fear while she walked through her final test as well as Misty's anxiety and fear while waiting for Ember. The only thing that kept him going was knowing that he had to stay strong for both of them. Silver pulled Misty to him and draped his head sound her. He held her as close to him as possible.
The vision, what Ember saw, Silver knew too well. This was test involving the past. Her past. Silver and Misty were learning Ember's own past, one that was kept secret.
Ember ran as familiar faces began appearing. "Who are you." Every face, every voice echoed. Ember finally broke when two wolves approached her. "Who are you?" They asked. Ember responded, "It's me, don't you recognise me?" Ember was frantic. "Mother! Father! Don't do this! It's ME!" Ember peaded with the two wolves who looked upon her with disgust. "Who are you? You are no daughter of ours." Ember broke. "You do not belong here. Leave and take the abomination that you call sister." Stated the Father sharply. "We have no room in this pack for your kind." Ember nearly out of her mind replied. "What do I have to do? I don't want to leave! I will do anything!" The two wolves looked hard at Ember. "If you stay, both of you will die!" Horrified, Ember turned to who was clearly a much younger version of Clover. She scooped Clover onto her back and ran, as hard as she could. Ember was becoming stuck in her nightmare.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:23 pm

Misty broke with Ember as well and her muzzle lifted to the sky, a sharp, clear, spirit howl spun from her throat into the night air. It was not meant to break the spirit barrier but rather blanket the area with a cool healing. It pierced the barrier and spun a bubble around Ember's spirit, giving her a moment's peace before Misty collapsed, her soul's energy drained from trying to protect her mate. Her body thudded into the ground as she fell unconscious, her mind and spirit trying to recover.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:36 pm

The time was runing out. Ember only had half a day left to return home. Silver threw his head back in unison with Misty, letting out a piercing howl. His own spirit had pierced the barrier allowing Misty's to envelop Ember. Ember stood up. "How could I have forgotten." She dpoke out loud as her thoughts turned to those waiting for her. Ember felt the presence of Misty and Silver's spirits giving her their strength. She turned her head back towards where she left her parents and the other wolves. She took one shaky step towards them. Then another. With each step, her confidence grew. Young Clover pranced around her. As her confidence grew, the ore the distance to her target seemed to shrink. The snears and jabs returned with every wolf that appeared. "Who are you?" Ember reached her parents. "How dare you. Who are you to come back before us." Their scorn was the attempt to pierce Ember's spirit, however this time she refused to break so easily. "I am Ember!" She declared. "Queen of the Northwest. Mate to Silver of the Northern Pack and Misty of the Southern Sands. You shall never break my spirit again!" At that, everything vanished, except the younger Clover. Clover changed into brightly colored wolf, many times the size of Ember. The wolf spoke. "You have passed your final test. You were born blessed by the spirits, however, you locked your power away inside you when you fled your home in the far North. Your full potential has now been restored to you, Queen Ember." At that everything faded around her until she surfaced from the water. Without hesitation, she returned to Misty and Silver, checking to ensure both were okay.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Misty woke to Ember's face beside her. "Ember!" she yipped, springing up to hold her close. The fast movement made her head spin and her body to wobble as her balance was compromised. Her legs collapsed and Misty let herself fall to the ground before looking up at Ember with a shaky smile. "I think I'll just stay down here for a little bit," she said.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:25 pm

The group waited for Misty to recover, then they proceeded to return to the center territory. There was only a day left to prepare their visit to the human camp.
Ember seemed to be somewhat different. If it were possible, she was more confident. Confident in herself, confident in her role as queen, and confident in her connection to Misty and Silver. They learned the truth. She along with Clover were exiled as pups from a different forest entirely, all because their fur seemed to glow. Silver and Misty didn't care about such details. They accepted her for all of her. It wasn't only her confidence that changed, her appearance changed as well. Her coat was glossier. This made the glow look more fierce and firey. Her presence seemed to affect the others as well. Everyone seemed more driven to accomplish the mission. To gather the Intel they desired. Ember finally came into her own.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:38 am

The next morning Sasha followed Jack around as he made preparations for Silver and the others. There was a spare bedroom on the opposite end of the hall from Jess' room that had been made for Jess' sister who had died in the same car accident as her mom. The two of them had been driving to shop for supplies for Jack's birthday later that week when a drunk driver had slammed into them head on at 60 mph, the momentum propelling their car straight off the bridge into the water. Paramedics said the two were killed on impact, the driver only receiving two years of jail time. Since then the room was left alone unless guests came over. Jack had been avoiding it all morning as he cleaned and straighted up the house. Now the two of them stood in front of the door, Jack's hands shaking as they held the clean sheets and extra pillows. Sasha looked up at him and whined, nudging her nose into his hand, licking it once and causing him to look down at her and give her a shaky smile. "It's just a room," Sasha heard him whisper, his complexion slightly pale as he gulped. Taking a deep breath he pushed open the door, heading straight to the bed, refusing to look at any of the trinkets and knickknacks displayed around the room and the pictures lining the walls. For years Jack had blamed himself for his family's death; for not being there, for being the reason they were on that road in the first place, for not protecting them. Over time he had healed and moved on from the guilt but the pain was still there. As he was leaving Jess appeared in the doorway and gave him a hug, the two of them holding onto each other tightly. After a while they stepped back and Jack smoothed down Jess' hair before continuing down the stairs to prepare for the day. Jack had a banquet in the town hall where dogs weren't allowed so he was letting her out to wander until it was time for Sasha to meet the wolves. Jack turned and crouched in front of Sasha, careful to keep her short furs away from his dress uniform. "Alright girl," he said. "I will be back soon but you behave yourself." After Sasha's affirming bark he ruffled her fur and stood before driving away. Sasha lay in the grass watching him leave until he was out of sight then she turned to lope toward the treeline, her paws thudding against the soft grass. Once she entered the forest she slowed down, her nose raised to catch the inconsistent scents on the wind, searching for the wolves'.

Misty walked between Silver and Ember, trying to steady herself still without letting her weakness be known. "Do you think they will be there?" she asked, her eyes focused on putting one foot in front of the other without falling over.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:50 pm

"Sasha will be there." Assured Silver. "What form she takes is up to her."
"Be careful that no one finds out your true nature." Warned Tortaro. "Most humans won't take too kindly to having wolves among them."
Silver nodded in agreement. They were going to take a huge risk. But, to learn about the human culture meant a better understanding of how to protect the forest.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:29 pm

Once she caught Silver's scent she checked the area and shifted, her fur retreating into her body. She shook her arms out then pushed back her bangs as her eyes scanned the forest trees. Her nostrils flared as if trying to catch a scent with her weaker human senses. Finding the huge willow tree beside the river she reached down into its roots to grab the clothes she had stashed there a few days ago. Good enough, she thought, brushing off the remnants of dirt and placed them in the backpack. She pulled her leather jacket tighter across her body and swung the backpack onto one shoulder before setting off for the central territory. Ugh everything looks different, she thought, her eyes searching for clues in a forest that looked vastly different in her human eyes. Can't even follow a scent. Being a human sucks sometimes. Finally she recognized the path and settled into her stride, her hips swaying with a gentle swagger as she walked along, humming a song to herself.

Misty shot a teasing look at Ember. "Hear that Ember?" she asked. "Try not to draw too much attention to yourself. I know it will be very hard." Her eyes sparkled with amusement.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:08 pm

"I never stand out." Laughed Ember. Her fur glowed a happy color. "You just better keep up once we are in our human forms." Ember teased as she bumped Misty.
"You two are going to have fun with this aren't you?" Laughed Silver. Finally seeing both Misty and Ember happy again lifted his spirits.
As they neared the center territory, Silver picked up a scent. His ears perked, but not as much as Ember's did. Prompting Silver and Misty to laugh at her.
Stoneheart and Tortaro shook their heads at the young Throne.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Sasha lay back against the trunk of the tree. The tree she had chosen had high branches with gaps between the leaves, allowing her to see into the clearing. Once she had gotten up into the tree she had found a thick branch that extended out flat, instantly making it a good perch. She now lay with one leg bent while the other one swung back and forth in the open air beside her with her head resting against the trunk of the tree. She had her eyes closed, just breathing in the smell of the forest and listening to the leaves brush against each other in the wind. There are some perks to being a human, she thought to herself, opening her eyes to see the light streaming in through the branches. Everything seems to just slow down. I can't smell or hear as much but that's just less to focus on. It's very.... peaceful. She let out a sigh, her whole body relaxing for a second before she took another deep breath and resumed swinging her leg back and forth.

Misty nipped playfully at Ember's ear while she was distracted, panting happily before she turned her attention to Sasha's scent. The wind kept shifting so it was hard to get a read on her but she had to be near the clearing somewhere, the scent was fresh.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Ember shook her head and nipped back at Misty, laughing. She tackled Misty and Silver. "Catch me if you can!" Ember ran to the clearing.
Silver took after her. He didn't go all out, preferring to have fun chasing her, but still wanted her to have the satisfaction of not being caught.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:17 am

Misty rolled as Ember's weight hit her and she used the momentum to roll and spring right back up to chase her, her tail streaming out behind her. She leaned down to nip Ember's heel and gently tug her off balance.

Sasha's eyes popped open as she heard barking. Well they're here, she thought, sighing. As Misty and Ember played around she stayed where she was, watching from her perch.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:54 am

As Ember lost her ballance, she pulled Misty with her, both rolling in the grass. Silver caught up to both of them after picking up his pace. Ember caught him off guard, tripping him. He rolled with his queens. When they finally stopped, all laughing, Silver licked noth of their nuzzled. Ember's fur glowed brighter and happier than ever. She was finally able to be herself, no restrictions and no worries.
Silver caught Sasha's scent on the breeze. He found the direction and sure enough, off in the distance he found her sittong in a tree. He laughes. "We have a spectator." He kept frolicing with Misty and Ember. "It's Sasha." He whispered in Ember ear causing her to spring up in surprise and her fur to flash a bright near pink color. "Where?" Ember asked quickly. Silver laughed as he pulled her back down to him and Misty.
Stoneheart and Tortaro had kept walking heading to the center territory.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum