PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

Re: PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Post by Dark Wolf on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:59 am

"Nope!" Declared Clover.

Suddenly eyes began to surround the scout. "Hhe jusst killed one of uss." Hissed a angry voice. "Hot Blood!" Hissed the chants to a dull roar. Various colors surrounded the injured wolf. Silky Black, reds, yellows, golden scales. The serpents struck and made short work of the wolf. The biggest of them all looked at the torn body of the killed serpent. "The Hot Bloods do this us, we shall destroy everything they have. He slithered over to the human pup. His tail rattling to grab the pup's attention. In an instant, it was all over. All the serpents disappeared as quickly as they came. The rattler left the pup laying in the brush as he slipped away without a trace.

The fourth and fifth camps were occupied. Silver as before, enttered the camp undetected. He searched everyone he could see. Looking into their souls. He turned to rejoin Misty and Ember. Suddenly a small falcon landed in front of the throne.
"My King and Queens!" The voice was hectic. "We need a healer!" The falcon explained what she witnessed from the sky. The serpents killing the wolf. The human pup in the forest. It took all she had to get it out, stumbling in her words.
"Go!" Commanded Silver. "Get Gila, take her to the human pup, if there is still time, we can save her."
At that the falcon was off to get Gila. The Throne sprinted in the direction the falcon described.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:31 pm

Krix huffed in amusement before sobering. "He's been gone too long," he mused. "Something's wrong." Immediately he glanced around the clearing to make sure all was well, a habit that his whole pack found akin to a helicopter parent, before leaping straight into a ground eating lope, following the scout's trail.

Sasha's nose suddenly picked up the sharp tang of blood as the child's scent had grown stronger. She barked once then twice in quick succession before sprinting ahead, her paws slipping on the leaves and she darted through the trees. Finding the child was more important than leading Jack and the others to her.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://lfhswritersblock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:50 am

The falcon dived from the sky into the clearing, landing hard. "Where is Gila! Hurry! We have an emergency!" The falcon stated frantically.
"Here I am." Declared Gila. Upon hearing of the situation she responded. "Take me to the pup."
The falcon gripped Gila in her talons gently and took off for the human pup.

Silver did not stop. He picked up the scent of the she-wolf. 'She must be heading to the pup too.' He thought. Ember and Misty were not far behind.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:51 am

Sasha appeared on the opposite bank of the river, immediately spotting the child. No, she thought. No please let her be ok. she leaped easily over the creek, her paws landing far on the opposite bank where she ran straight to the child. She whined, nuzzling her gently. She needed help that much she knew. Help she couldn’t give her. Lifting her nose she howled, long and loud to be sure it reached Jack and the others. Pacing back and forth she finally decided that she needed to bring the child somewhere safe but she couldn’t drag her. That would only risk hurting her more. Glancing around quickly she stepped close to the child before concentrating. Gradually her fur receded from her body, her nails lightening and becoming smooth as her paws lengthened into long fingers. Her tail shrunk and disappeared and her bones snapped as her body realigned itself. Her black furry ears shifted down and straight black hair flowed from her head, partially covering one bright blue eye. After a few moments the change was complete and Sasha stood on her two feet, the clothes she had bought herself last time she was out covering her now vulnerable skin. Shaking off the last effects of the shift she quickly crouched next to the child, trying to gently ease her arms under the girl’s body without hurting her too much.

Krix’s ears twiched as he approached the stream. Suddenly a sharp long howl echoed from right ahead of him. Not knowing who was there and not recognizing the voice he slowed, becoming more cautious as he approached the bank of the river. Stepping forward his eyes locked onto something he had never thought possible.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:47 pm

Silver stopped short watching one of the most incredible sights he had seen in his many years. The she-wolf became human. If he had not witnessed it himself, he would not have believed it possible. He walked into her line of sight. "What happened here?" Her soul had not changed, he became intrigued. Ember and Misty were right behind, they too witnessed what had transpired. Confusion written on Ember's face.

The falcon located where they were gathered, gripping Gila tighter, but not to cause her harm, the falcon dove straight to where Silver was.
"My King," the falcon declared, "I have brought Gila."
Gila was a bit disheveled. "Lizards were not built for flight." Gila said slightly stumbling. "Where is the human pup?" Gila said calmly. "I have to act fast if we wish to save it."

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:07 am

Sasha nearly jumped out of her skin as the silver wolf's voice spoke from beside her then froze as his words hit home. Oh god, she thought. This is bad. This is really, really bad. Maybe if I just pretend I don't understand something then he'll think he imagined it and then I'm just another human.. She kept her eyes on the child, lifting her gently from the ground into her arms, ignoring the wolf entirely.

Krix stared wide-eyed at Silver, who had approached from the Eastern side. "Silver," he said, his voice a whisper and full of confusion and awe. "Tell me you saw that too and that I'm not crazy."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:03 am

"Your form has changed, but your soul has not." Silver stated calmly. "Set the pup down so Gila can get to work. She must act quickly to counteract the venom from the rattler."
Gila looked up at the human. "Excuse me dear, but if you want the pup to survive, I need to get to work." Gila's voice took on a grandmotherly tone, kind and gentle, but strong and urgent.
"Krix, what are you doing here?" Asked Ember.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Sasha shot a glare in Silver's direction, the movement blowing her bangs back from her piercing blue gaze before they settled again over her right eye. She gathered the child into her arms, holding her protectively. Her eyes and ears strained to catch any sign that Jack and the others were near but being a human meant she had to settle for her inferior human senses. Her eyes flicked back and forth wildly between the wolves surrounding her. She could feel goosebumps popping up along her skin as if her body was trying to make the hidden hackles raise. Sasha looked down at the child, her skin was covered in bite marks and wounds. There was no way to tell which type of snake had made which wounds and which were venomous. Even if Jack got here within the next few minutes there was no way the child would make it to the hospital in time. Tears pricked her eyes, making the blue pop brighter than usual. Taking a deep, shuttering breath she made the hardest decision her life, she didn't know what the wolves would do to help the child but she knew they were her only chance. She looked up to Gila, meeting her eyes. She didn't know if the wolves would be able to understand her in human form, Sasha didn't until her first shift. Setting the child down gently, as if it were her own kid she swallowed before closing her eyes, concentrating. Bones popped as her spine realigned. The hair on her skin shifted back and forth as it lengthened on her body and shortened between her ears. Her nails grew into sharp claws and her canines became razor sharp fangs. Her tail lengthened, completely the transformation to her beautiful, lean form. Sasha exhaled as she opened her eyes to meet Gila's gaze again, holding it. "You'll help her?" she asked, her voice a whisper as she stood over the child.

Krix's nose twitched as he caught wind of a light change in scent. "There's humans coming," he stated softly. "They are far out and wandering but they are coming." He looked over at the fallen scout, his eyes sad before he turned to meet Ember's gaze. "I had sent him to go look for the pup after I was told about it," he said. "I knew the humans would be looking for it and that we needed to get it back to them unharmed before we were blamed. I sent him here."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:49 pm

"Yes, young one." The old lizard spoke softly. Gila slid up to the human pup. She found the bite from the snake. She too bit where the serpent had before her. Then she followed the redness from the serpent' s venom and bit the young pup just above. "Once at the origin and once to stop it's progression." Explained Gila. "My healing venom will take effect soon. Gila offered to comfort Sasha, just as any grandmother would.

"You made the right call, Krix." Assured Silver. "His death is not on you. Misty, do you think you can track the serpent that bit the human pup?"

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:59 pm

Sasha pinned her ears as Gila neared her, still unsure of these strangers. Keeping away from Gila she circled around her to the child. She nuzzled the girl before licking her softly on the cheek and whined. Her nose flared as she searched for Jack's scent before letting out a beautiful clear howl that lasted for almost a minute, calling Jack to her. She could hear Jack's voice shouting in the distance. She watched the wolves warily, hackles raised as her eyes flicked back and forth, every muscle tense.

Misty met Silver's gaze, her eyes hard. "Absolutely," she said. The serpents had broke Forest Law and what's more had endangered the entire forest with their actions, not just her pack. She nuzzled Krix gently.

Krix looked up at Silver. "Did you find what you were looking for?" he asked, exhaustion evident in every line of his body.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:16 pm

The healing venom from Gila didn't take long to take affect. The redness from the serpents bite disappeared. Gila's bite marks healed first, followed by the serpent's bite marks. Gila paused to watch the pup go through the healing process. With her venom, the process would be painless. While Fenic was skilled with healing bones, no one healed snakebites and cuts like Gila.

"Yes, we have what we needed." Said Silver. "We will discuss everything back at the clearing. "For now, we must ensure this pup's safe return to her village. Misty, track the serpent who bit the pup. I want them brought before me."

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:23 pm

"Child," Sasha snapped. Every emotion was on high alert, leaving her feeling raw and sensitive and for some reason the wolves' continued term for the girl irritated her more and more. "It is a child. Not a pup," she said, curling around the girl. "And you are not coming near her."

Misty dipped her head. "Yes my Alpha," she said, her eyes twinkling. Despite the tragedy here she always loved watching Silver's alpha instincts kick in and become commanding. Her nose flaring she picked up on the scent of the snake's arid venom. She wrinkled her nose up in distaste before nuzzling Silver once and turning to trot after it. There were the scents of other snakes as well and the majority of them were headed in the same direction as the rattler.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:59 pm

"Relax, young one." Gila spoke softly. "No one here wants to bring harm this little one. That is not our way."
"Krix, you have done well. Go back to your pack and rest. Clover will be around to check on you soon, no doubt. I won't even have to tell her." Silver laughed a bit before returning to his more serious tone. "Something must have transpired to set off the serpents. This is a serious matter indeed." Silver looked at Sasha. "You have an exceptional gift as well as a heart and soul that is pure. Upon finding this, child's, attacker, what would you have us do?" Silver was interested in what the she-wolf had to say. The serpent put the forest at risk, which meant a death sentence if they were ever caught, but would living with, what more, becoming human, bring different ideas to the forest?

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:06 pm

Sasha glared at Gila. "If you can't even treat your own species with kindness how do you expect me to believe you'd treat humans any differently," she said, her voice sharp with accusation. "Besides it's not like children haven't gone missing into these woods before coming out torn to pieces, right? Wrong. It's happened before. So excuse me if I don't throw myself down with gratitude and entrust her care entirely to you." Sasha's mind flashed to memories of her father's beautiful coat as he told her stories of his life, including, ones of how he was exiled for daring to love one from another pack. Sure he had tried to phrase it nicely but Sasha knew what his pack had done. He said he had regretted nothing of his life but bitterness still festered in her heart towards the wolves of the wood. She had been saved and brought to a loving family but the rest of the outcast wolves were just abandoned by their families. Sasha blinked to bring herself back to the present and turned her glare to Silver. "And you, waltzing into the camp like you can do whatever you want. You think that attacking the humans will help your case any?" she snapped, her emotions still running high. "This land is not yours. You can't just come in whenever you want. You're lucky you're even allowed to live here." Sasha huffed out a breath. "All this talk about pure souls," she scoffed, rolling her eyes. "You don't know anything about me wolf.

Krix was watching Sasha quietly. Well Silver definitely has his work cut out for him with this one, he thought. He shook his head, stifling a snicker as he turned to return to the clearing. I'm just glad the p... child, is ok.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:09 pm

"Not our land?" snapped Ember. "We have been here longer than these humans. Who do you think YOU are? Humans have encroached on our territory, cut down our forest, and put our packs at risk. I won't deny that our past leadership have been less than desirable, but you have no right to enter our home accuse us of anything!" Ember's fur began to brighten as her temper flared. "You know nothing of these lands except what the humans have told you. Take your CHILD and go! She'll survive this day, no thanks to you or your precious humans!" Ember snapped, her fur the color of fire.
"Ember, that's enough, my love." Silver spoke calmly. "We know not her pain, nor does she know our ways." Silver kept his cool. He found it difficult, but he found this stranger to be an interesting individual. It was clear she had been hurt by the old ways, the ways that had been all but erased with Silver, Misty, and Ember rising to the throne. "We must not harm those with a pure soul, it is not our way."

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:25 pm

Sasha bared her teeth, her ears pinning. "No right?" she snapped. "My father came from the highest rank of you and you still exiled him to die. I didn't learn from the humans, I learned from Char, Alpha of the Eastern Packs and mate to Soulfire." Sasha's eyes flashed with anger, hardened further by her love for her parents and her need to protect them though she had never met her father's mate, had only heard stories of her beauty and bravery. Her own mother had been a beautiful husky with bright blue eyes. After Char had been captured by the pit fighters her mother had taken a liking to him. He had a mate back at home but his soul had connected with her mother Star's. They had been together just a short time before a police raid had forced the fighters to move. Her father was too aggressive and fought back, forcing them to leave him behind but they took her and her mother with them. She never saw him again. Sasha's chest heaved with pain from the memories as she met Ember's gaze.

Krix stopped dead at the edge of the treelike, frozen solid by Sasha's words. It can't be, he thought. It's not possible.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:21 pm

"I see." Stated Silver. "That explains your black coat. However, if the stories of Char are correct, he did not condone violence unless absolutely necessary. Humans have left their mark on you. A couple different marks. One is most unfortunate."
"Do you mean to side with her?" Asked Ember. Her fur was still a firey red color.
"No." Replied Silver. "This is not a matter of siding with anyone. She is simply not our enemy. The High Moon Pack was claimed by me for their blind allegiance to the old way, the way that went against the spirits. As we can clearly see, this she-wolf has a gift that can only be blessed by the spirits, as she has the ability to walk in another's skin. To feel and experience what they do. I can only imagine how hard it must be to hide that gift from the humans, less they turn on you in fear." Silver had turned his attention to the she-wolf. "What is your name?"

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:49 pm

Sasha pinned her ears back as Silver turned his attention on her, her eyes wary. "Why do you want to know?" she asked. Her past had left her almost paranoid of newcomers, something that had almost prevented her from being adopted until Jack had found her and brought her home in spite of it. Her ears twitched as they picked up the sound of the police force crashing through the forest brush.

Krix slowly walked up besides Silver, his expression one of shock and awe. He was speechless. He couldn't bring himself to hope that his theory was correct but at the same time yearned to know if it was true; if it was possible that he had family beyond Misty.

Misty stalked through the forest until she had found the snake responsible for the child's near death experience. She snapped her teeth down on its tail before closing them carefully around the snake's neck, tight enough to hold it in place and keep her from being bit but lose enough that the snake couldn't bite her as well.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:56 am

"If you are the daughter of Char," began Silver, "then the quick acting decisions made by your brother here," Silver motioned to Krix. "Who was acting on my behalf, just saved this child's life, at the cost of one of our own." Silver's voice became solomn. "This will be dealt with swiftly." Silver paused. "He came from the Northern Pack. We will give him a proper Northern send-off."
"The poor dear." Stated Gila sadly.
Ember's fur began to dull as she calmed down. Ahe didn't trust this new wolf, but we she trusted Silver. His sght of Souls hadn't been wrong yet. She hoped it never would be.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:47 am

Sasha's head whipped toward Krix, her eyes wide with shock, "my brother?" she whispered. Before she could asked more Jack's voice called out for her, closer than before. Sasha wavered indecisively before barking back to Jack. "You all need to leave," she said. "Now. Before they get here." Her blue eyes flashed as the light shifted through the trees.

Krix pinned his ears back once before taking a step towards her. "Will we see you again?" he asked.

Sasha opened her mouth to answer but the sound of Jack jogging through the forest filled her with a sense of urgency. Shaking her head quickly she jumped forward to shove Krix and Silver into the treelike. "Go!" she barked.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:16 am

Silver slipped quietly into the woods, but stopped short to witness what would soon transpire. As a group of humans entered and surrounded the she-wolf and child. While none had pure souls, most were good and genuinely showed care and compassion for not only the child but the she-wolf as well. Silver took note of the few that had unclean souls, they would be the ones with disregard for the safety of the forest. As the humans left Silver returned to meet up with Krix. Ember met up with them as well.
"What are we going to do about her?" Asked Ember.
"We give her time. She didn't have to let us not be caught." Replied Silver. "Come on, you three, we need to let the rest of the leaders know the situation. Besides, I'm sure Clover is pacing over where you are, Krix." Silver teased.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:52 am

Sasha barked once then twice in quick succession as Jack came into view across the river. Her tail immediately started wagging and got faster as Jack got closer. She stood over the child protectively until Jack reached her and gave her the release command. She pushed her head into his hand and leg, her tail thumping against the grass. The rest of the police force swarmed the child, picking her up and making sure she was ok as Jack's hand rubbed her fur up and down while his words praised her. Sasha's tongue lolled out in happiness as her body was shifted back and forth. After a few moments the force started moving back to the park where the girl's parents were waiting. Sasha ran a tight circle around Jack before stopping for a second, her eyes meeting Silver's for a second where he was hidden in the brush. She flicked her ear back before bounding after Jack, trotting next to his side, her tail wagging as she touched her nose to his palm.

Krix looked at Silver. "Silver how is it even possible for her to become human?" he asked. "Especially being a half-breed. Wouldn't her connection to the spirits be diluted?" He didn't mean it against her in any way, he was a mutt himself, but he had never heard of a hound having a good connection with the spirits.

Soon after Misty trotted up, the viper dangling from her fangs. Something was off about the wolves in front of her and, unable to speak, she tilted her head, her eyes questioning as she flicked an ear.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:12 am

"Serpent! Are you responsible for the endangerment of this forest?" Silver's temper flared. Like Tortaro, his presence grew as an overwhelming force. The rattler shrunk and coiled as if to hide from Silver. The serpent began to trip over his words.
"That that wolf k-k-illled one of our own. Sputtered the serpent. It was, it was only right!"
"ONLY RIGHT!" Howled Silver. "ONLY RIGHT! THE INITAL BITE SUSTAINED WOULD HAVE BEEN ONLY RIGHT, UNDER YOUR GUIDANCE WHAT HAPPENED WAS UNJUST MURDER! WHAT MORE, YOU ATTACKED A HUMAN PUP! A CHILD!" Silver's voice became calm. "What I am about to do will be, Only Right. Call back your hoard of serpents."
Out of fear, the rattler did as commanded. Serpents of all sizes and colors began to shoe their faces. Once Silver was satisfied, he grabbed the rattler by the tail, he bit the rattle off then flung the serpent against a nearby tree. "Let all who look upon you know of your disgrace." Silver spoke with command. "If I find out you kill more than one mouse every half moon cycle, I will personally end your life. The raptors will be watching your every move."
The serpent fled in terror, Silver's words echoed in his soul.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:27 am

Sasha stopped and looked back as a howl rose above the trees. Jack and some of the officers looked back to before watching Sasha as she raised her nose as if smelling the air, her body still as she watched the trees. "What is it girl?" Jack asked. Sasha ignored him for a moment before wagging her tail once and continuing her walk beside him.

Krix trotted into the camp beside Silver, his eyes searching for Clover.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:31 am

Clover found Krix quickly. She nuzzled him warmly before heading Silver's summon to the stump if he old Oak. All the forest leaders took their place around the stump. Silver explained everything to them.
"So, some if the human's are pure and good?" Asked Barron, nearly in disbelief. "I didn't see that coming. However, the vision had not changed for me. Those that wish to exploit our home will start this war."
"Is it possible that those good humans will side with us and protect the forest?" Asked Elmwood.
"There is nothing for certain." Replied Silver. "Krix, you share a lot in common with your sister. Her learning what the true ways of the forest are, I leave to you. You now understand what we are all about and you have the best chance of connecting with her. Her understanding of humans will also work in our favor, not just for strategy, but more importantly, for peace."
"You intend to make peace with the humans?" Questioned Ether.
"Those humans that wish for a peaceful existence, yes." Silver said with all seriousness. "They are in our home, therefore, forest law will apply to them as well. Those that will accept it are welcome to stay, dens and all."
Stoneheart looked to Krix, "Char was a good wolf. And a good leader. You take after him, as well as my Sister. You got their best traits. Don't ever forget that."

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum