PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Page 18 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

Re: PRPG: Dark Wolf & Admin: Story of the Forest

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:10 am

Sasha sprinted to Jack, running faster because she delayed in her response to the call. She jumped into Jack's arms barking and licking his face, her tongue lolling out. Jack laughed, easily catching her lanky figure. "Hey there girl," he said. "I was wondering where you had gotten off to." Sasha wiggled to be put down before meeting his eyes, her gaze serious before she barked once then twice, her signal to follow. She barked again, running a short distance away before looking back at him. Jack frowned at her before moving to follow her. She stuck her nose to the ground, trotting as she followed the scent of the men, her whole body portraying focus, her tail waving with her movements. Soon she reached where the men were lying in the center of the camp and she looked up at the forest, her ears pricked as she watched it for a second, looking for the wolves before she turned back to Jack and barked. He leaned down to ruffle the fur between her ears as he inspected the men. "What do we have here Sash?" he mused. Sasha barked her tone for Jess then growled at the men, her fangs showing easily. Jack raised an eyebrow. "They hurt Jess?" he asked. Sasha whined first then barked an affirmative when he asked, "They almost hurt Jess?" Jack moved to pick up the men. "Alright well let's get them back to the station shall we?" Sasha barked before grabbing the man with her teeth and easily dragging him, her lithe body shifting back and forth to navigate the weight.

Misty glanced back at the clearing near the human camp for a second before following Silver. "Silver what do you think she was doing way over here?" she asked. "She acted like she had never seen a wolf before or something. And she had some sort of object around her neck." (I'm thinking they wouldn't really know about humans much... especially misty since she never really left the forest)

Krix bared his teeth for a second. "He wants me to babysit this whole forest while he goes off doing god knows what," he snapped. "There are three rulers of this forest who can take care of this and I am not one of them." Krix growled, pacing a step. "I don't know why he keeps doing this. Dragging me out of the cave and tossing me up to the forest as an official pack and then shoving me in as temporary King. What does he want from me? Why does he keep doing this?!" Krix sighed, his head hanging slightly. "I just don't know why Clover," he said, his voice exhausted. "I just don't know."

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://lfhswritersblock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:21 pm

"I don't know." Silver replied to Misty. He had never seen anyone like this she-wolf. Her soul was unique, the soul of a wolf and of a hound. Her soul was pure, despite being influenced by humans. Her soul was pure, her attitude on the other hand, 'was she not taught manners?' He thought to himself. There was still a slight ringing in his ears from whatever wad on her neck, he didn't want to alarm Misty or Ember.

"Krix, he sees in you what I do." Clover paused. "Well, not everything I see." She licked his muzzle. "You aspire for peace. That's what he sees. If you were like some other wolves and quick to war, Silver wouldn't push you." Clover gave Krix affection. "You are stronger than you give yourself credit for, but hold yourself to impossible standards with the pack. What exactly did he ask you to do?" Clover inquired. "There has to be a bigger reason as to why he asked you to do this."

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:17 pm

“Should we try to find her?” Misty asked. “If we’re trying to figure out the humans’ plans she could help. We don’t know what her feelings towards them are yet.”

Krix huffed out a breath but permitted the show of affection, leaning into her touch even though he knew it wasn’t a good idea. “I don’t know Clover,” he sighed. “I’m not cut out for this.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:05 pm

"No," Silver replied. "We have four other camps to scout. One of them have heavy traffic." Silver knew they would have to be on guard. The next camp would have more hounds.

"That's probably why he put you in this position." Clover stated. "You are an excellent leader, you just need to embrace it." Clover moved closer to Krix, refusing to leave his side.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Misty bobbed her head in agreement. "Alright let's go," she said, following Silver. After a few moments she frowned slightly. "I wonder how she came to be though," she mused. "I've never even heard whispers of a wolf mating with a human's mutt. What is she doing with them? Why doesn't she leave?"

Krix let out a deep purr that only happened when Clover touched him. He always tried to swallow it before she noticed though he had no way of knowing if she had. Clearing his throat he tried to make himself shift away from her but sighed and resigned himself, knowing he wouldn't be able to. "Speak for yourself Alpha of the Northern Pack," he teased.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:54 pm

Silver didn't know how to respond. It was the first time he saw the soul of the wolf and hound cross. Her existence intrigued him, confused him, and caused him to question and consider cohabitation. The human female also had a pure heart, which only strengthened the idea of cohabitation, but he dare not speak it out loud, at least not until he had more proof.
Ember saw the concern in Misty's eyes. She moved closer to her mate and wrapped her tail around her. "I'm sure we will figure this out." Ember assured Misty. Silver remained quiet, still moving forward.

Clover leaned into Krix. "Our packs should work closely together." Clover whispered. "Then we can be like this more often."

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:17 pm

Misty hummed at Ember’s closeness before continuing to walk with her, nuzzling her. “We’ll decide how to act later. Let’s check on the camps first,” she said.

Krix caught the second purr that day. I need to stop these or she’s definitely going to notice, he sighed to himself. “You’ll have to convince them first,” he told her. “Your Pack is the one that sent you as a spy into mine remember?” His voice held a teasing light, his eyes amused as the light reflected off the golden specks in them when he looked down at her.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:39 pm

Silver reached the edge of the forest. He paused. The next camp had hounds and guns. The smell of powder filled the air. He motioned to his mates to take cover. Silver moved silently into the camp. It didn't seem very active. He stood by the structures. 'They use our trees to build their dens.' He thought to himself.
Ember stayed back with Misty. She whinned a bit as Silver walked into the camp. She became concerned for Silver's safety. She looked at Misty.

"I volunteered." Clover said proud of herself. She felt Krix vibrate slightly as she leaned into him. She laughed to herself as she nuzzled him. "I'm glad I did."

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:37 pm

Sasha was sitting guarding the two men when Jack’s radio went off. She tilted her head back to look at him, her eyes questioning. ‘Requesting assistance at Jetlo Park,’ the voice said. Jack glanced at Sasha before picking up the radio and holding down the callback button. “Officer Maxwell K-9 unit reporting,” he said back before releasing it and waiting for a response. ‘Officer Maxwell we have a missing child last seen at Jetlo Park. Care to bring Sasha down to help?’ Sasha immediately stood and barked in response, causing Jack to laugh. “I’d take her bark as a hell yes Dispatch. We’re on our way,” he said. “Alright Sash let’s go.”

“Silver where are you going?” Misty hissed. “There are way more of them than usual come back here!” The humans had massed in the center of the camp and were milling about almost anxiously, horses stomping their hooves in response.

Krix sighed, closing his eyes for a moment as he savored the feeling of her against him while she wasn’t looking. Suddenly a wolf skidded into the camp. “Silver! Where’s the king?! I need to speak to the king!” he yelped, his voice frantic. Krix’s eyes sprang open and glanced at Clover in shock. “What on earth is the matter?” he asked, instantly forgetting his apprehension on standing in for Silver. “Silver, his majesty, is not here right now but I am to hold position for him until he returns.” The wolf looked at Krix warily for a moment before deciding that his mixed heritage was not important enough to override the emergency. “There’s a human in the forest!” he cried.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:51 pm

Silver stood by the human den. He looked at the group gathered at the center of the camp. Silver looked into everyone's souls. Some souls were clean and gentle, but some were filthy and corrupt. Silver shook his head and returned to the forest. "Misty, Ember," he requested, "Let's go. I got what I came for."

Clover became alert. "Krix, what will you do?" Clover looked to Krix.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:41 pm

Krix glanced at the wolf. “How far away is the human?” he asked.
The wolf looked back. “The small one is not far past the river but there are more swarming in from the camps,” he said. “What should we do?”
“We’re going to find that small human and bring it back to the clearing until we can find where it belongs,” Krix said. “No doubt the pup wandered off and the humans are trying to find it.”

Misty looked back once, her eye catching on something. “Silver...” she said, her voice both curious and warning. A horse had ridden up with a human perched on its back, and trotting beside it was none other than Sasha.

Sasha trotted after Jack, her nose already low to the ground. Most hunting dogs lifted their noses to the wind to track but Sasha knew better. The ground held the scents longer and more clearly than the easily shifting wind. Tracking by wind was only necessary when you have not caught onto the scent yet. Lifting her head she looked up at Jack waiting for his instructions on the child’s scent. As she did so the wind shifted, bringing to her a scent that was both strange and familiar. Turning her head she saw the three wolves she had met earlier, Silver, Ember, and Misty, she remembered. What are they doing here? she thought. Jack called her and she turned her head, lifting her nose to smell the coat he offered her. A young girl’s scent instantly flooded her nose and stepping back she could already pick up the scent, heading straight into the forest. Right where the wolves were standing, not yet discovered by the humans.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:21 am

Silver kept walking towards the next camp. A familiar scent filled the air mixed with the scent of humans. He stopped and looked around. The she-wolf was standing not far from them. Silver looked at her then kept walking. There were three other camps to visit.
Ember kept pace with Silver. She was curious of the she-wolf, but she understood how important this mission was to Silver. He had to see things with his own eyes to understand the whole situation. She was concerned though, that this she-wolf seemed to have followed them.

Clover looked at the the wolf that had brought the report. "GO!" she demanded. "You have your orders!"

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:53 am

Sasha's nose quivered. She looked at Jack and when he gave the 'find' command she took off, nose to the ground. She quickly reached the tree-line and looked back, slipping into the brush so she could talk to the wolves. "Hey!" she barked. "What are you guys doing here? What did you do with the child?" Her eyes searched Silver's, slight suspicion and wariness filling them. She didn't have long before Jack called her back for the follow command.

The wolf glanced at Krix before taking off, two other wolves following him as well for assistance. "Do NOT harm that child!" Krix barked to their retreating forms, receiving a backwards glance and an affirmative flicked ear in response. Krix shook his head, not even realizing how easily he had slipped into the Alpha role that had projected confidence and authority that caused wolves to follow his orders without question. "We cannot harm that pup if we hope to not be blamed for its disappearance," he said to Clover, his eyes still on the forest path where the wolves disappeared.

Misty's temper and jealousy pricked slightly as Sasha talked only to Silver. She seemed like a nice enough wolf, and didn't seem to encourage any advances or even interest of any sort from her and her mates but Misty still didn't like that she only seemed to focus on what Silver said.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Silver looked straight at the she-wolf. "What is a child?" Not familiar with that term. "Whatever you are seeking, it is not here." Silver pressed on with Ember in tow. "Misty, let's get our mission done." Silver said noticing a look in Misty's eyes.

"See! I told you there was a reason Silver chose you." Clover said all proud of herself. "What other wolf, even an Alpha, would think ahead like this a situation. That is exactly what Silver would have wanted, and he knew you could do it." Clover paused. "I sort of put him up to it, honestly." Clover admitted. "If something should happen to the current throne, someone needs to be able to step in and fill that place. It's between you and Shadow." Laughed Clover.

A quiet hiss came from the child's feet. "A human, in the forest?" Hissed the voice. The serpent coiled back, not sure if he should attack or not. "Seems a little young to be roaming these woods. What shall I do about thisssss?" His red, yellow, and black stripes blended together.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:25 pm

Sasha's eyes narrowed. "Fine," she said. "Keep your secrets. But I'm going to find the child and you better hope she's not harmed." Right on time Jack's sharp check in whistle echoed through the forest. Sasha lifted her head, her ears perked towards the sound. She glared at Silver for a second before jumping back through the brush. She ran a tight circle around Star, Jack's horse, barking to get Jack to follow her. Shaking off thoughts of Silver she focused on her job, finding the girl. She put her nose to the ground and led Jack and the force through the forest. She had never been this far past the treeline since she always had to be close enough to return to Jack when he called and as she led them along the girl’s path her senses were assaulted by the rich environment. She kept an eye on her surroundings while following the path deeper into the forest, the child having gone farther than she had originally thought. Behind her the officers were becoming wary, their hands drifting to the rifles and handguns attached to their hips.

Krix looked at her in both confusion and slight shock. “Clover what are you talking about?” he asked. “Be heir to the king? There’s no way I could do that.” Why does everyone seem to think I’m this great leader? he thought to himself. I don’t do anything different than any other wolf does.

The scout stepped around a tree near the brook to discover the child backed up near one of the willow’s, a coral snake slithering around its feet. The snake’s scales were still slick with water from the brook, the fallen leaves sticking to its body as it moved. “Step away from the human, serpent,” he warned, his voice low and serious, his eyes tracking the snake’s movements. Coral snakes were venomous and notoriously skittish, and the scout moved slowly, not wanting to spook the snake into striking.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:50 pm

Silver pressed on. The three found the next camp. It appeared completely abandoned. The stench of humans surrounded them. "Let's move on from here." Silver said solemnly. There was another smell in that camp. The smell of death.

"Bring the pack out to the open as an official pack." Clover said, she began to get excited and jumped around Krix. "Then we can become mates." She had no issue speaking her mind, mostly because her soul pulled her to Krix with such great force.

"Ssssstep?" The serpent looked around at his body. "Poor choice of wordsss." Hissed the snake. "Why should I leave thisss human alone?"

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:54 pm

Misty looked at Silver, sadness in her eyes. “Silver... what happened...” she asked, worry splayed across her face, her hackles standing up slightly in fear.

“Clover...” Krix started. He knew it wasn’t as easy as she was saying but at the same time he loved seeing her happy like this.

The scout pinned his ears. “Do you want the whole forest to peril?” he snipped.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:00 pm

"I'm not sure, my Love. We must not dwell on it. We still have two more camps. I will come back here to investigate later."

"Lunara said that all you have to do is the spirit walk and we can be mated according to the Southern Traditions! That sounds wonderful!" Exclaimed Clover.

"What exactly are you worried about?" Asked the serpent.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Misty whines slightly before following Silver, pressing into his side for a moment.

Krix huffed out a breath. “If they even accept me,” he muttered.

The scout gave the serperent a droll stare. “Oh gee I don’t know. Maybe that you’ll bite the thing, kill it, and then all of us will die because of your stupidity?” he stated, his voice thick with sarcasm.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:32 pm

"And what if instead," started the serpent, "I bite you? He began to move towards the wolf, flashing the red and yellow stripes.

Silver paused to comfort Misty. Ember too drew close to her mates. "Everything will be alright." Silver assured them.

"Of course they will accept you," insisted Clover. "You are a natural, you just need to come out of your shell." Clover laughed thinking of Tortaro.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:05 pm

The scout bared his teeth at the snake, flicking his eyes over to the human to make sure it wasn’t harmed. He knew the stakes of keeping the pup alive and well and after talking to the mutt had started to respect him a little more. The scout took a step back, leading the snake away from the pup. “Well now that wouldn’t be too nice would it?” he asked. “Besides, you wouldn’t be able to eat me.”

Misty pushed her head into her mates’. “I’m so happy I have all of you,” she said, her voice soft. “We should probably hurry. Spirits know how much trouble Krix has gotten himself into while we’ve been gone.”

Krix huffed, rolling his eyes. “I don’t know about being a natural,” he said. “They don’t gravitate toward me like they do towards you. You’ll probably be a better Alpha than I’ll ever be.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:30 pm

The serpent moved closer to the wolf. "Don't bare your teethhh at me, hot blood." Hissed the snake. He slithered so that the human pup would see his vibrant colors. He poised to strike the wolf. "I would prefer not to bite you, but I can easily claim self defensssss."

"Krix is fine," encouraged Silver. "His soul is clear and he has raw untapped ability. If anything happens, he can handle it."

"They didn't gravitate to me. You have the second largest lack in the forest. Third if you could the new Southern Merger." Laughed Clover. "They gravitate towards you."

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:40 pm

The scout eyed the snake warily, his gaze flicking between it and the child still backed up against the tree. “Forest Law serpent,” he snapped. “Don’t kill that which you cannot eat unless self-defense. You really think all of the members of the forest are going to support you?”

“Oh I know that,” Misty said. “But the question is does Krix know that. And does he trust himself enough to follow his instinct.”

Krix gave her a droll stare. “Sweetheart wolves only join my pack when they have no where else to go,” he said, laughing slightly. “That’s not exactly a selling point, being someone’s last resort.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wolf on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:23 am

Clover looked at Krix and laughed. "You are the second choice, not the last. None of those wolves considered other packs. Least they could have done is try." Clover jumped on Top of Krix, knocking him over.
"You come here, thhhreaten me, and try to claim foressst law?" Hissed the serpent.he moved even closer to the wolf, still showing the human pup his vibrant colors. The serpent attacked the wolf.

Dark Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:13 am

Krix huffed out a breath, bending a leg and widening his stance to support her weight and catch her. He twisted his head back fo meet her eyes. “You’re not going to let me win this are you?” he asked, his voice amused.

The scout bared his teeth and instead of jumping away he took the bite, letting the snake’s fangs pierce his skin. Using its now vulnerable position he bit the snake, ripping it in half then pulling the head off of him. He shook his head to try and clear the wave of dizziness that came over him from the venom. He pushed himself to his feet and stumbled over to the human pup. He had to get it back to the clearing and to Krix. He licked its paw, pushing his nose into it, a strange bark coming from its mouth as it’s body shook slightly. Shaking his head again, trying to clear his thoughts he nudged the pup gently to get it to start walking. It’s paw latched onto his fur, holding him as he walked, stumbled, toward the clearing.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum